Chapter 35

Three Years Later

Ashton and Reagan had fallen into a routine. They would work, pick up Lauren and Harry from school when they had to because Ashton's mom was working, hang out with the guys and Sam, make some dinner, maybe go see a movie, and do it all again.

For the first few weeks it kind of felt like they didn't move in together because they both had opposite schedules. Ashton would work mornings, and Reagan would leave for work later in the day and be home after 9pm. But lately they were lucky with their schedules, and worked the same hours. Yet again, Ashton's boss was super flexible with Ashton's schedule.

This weekend both of them were off of work and things in LA were the same, except the fact that Michael and Sam's wedding was last night.

The ceremony was beautiful, and of course Reagan and Sam cried only to laugh while they were doing it. Michael's smile was bigger than anyone had ever seen, and he even dyed his hair black for the occasion. He was running out of colors, and black was a good color for it to be while he figured another one out. It also looked good in all the wedding pictures.

The reception included Calum getting a little too drunk, but thankfully Ashton, Luke, and the rest of the groomsmen were able to carry him to the car, and into the hotel. But nonetheless, it was fun and everyone was really happy for the newlyweds.

Ashton and Reagan were finished packing up their hotel room with a couple of hours to spare. Michael and Sam had their wedding on the California coast line, so Ashton and Reagan decided to go get some lunch overlooking the water. They wanted to take in the sight one last time before having to go back to their busy life in LA.

"Thank you," Reagan smiled as the waiter came and refilled her water.

"How bad do you think Calum is feeling?" Ashton laughed scrolling through phone and then putting it down.

"He'll have that hangover for a good few days," Reagan chuckled.

"Sam and Mike will probably be back from their honeymoon before it's over," Reagan said again checking her phone. Michael and Sam had flew out to the caribbean that morning and she was waiting for a text to let her know they got there safe.

"Michael is gonna burn so bad," Ashton snickered as he held the door open for Reagan as they made their way out of the restaurant after they were done eating some while after.

The two walked on the beach, finding a spot to sit down and watch as the waves crashed along the shore. The breeze was light, but the view and the weather were perfect.

Ashton looked over at Reagan, who had her arms behind her, supporting her weight as she leaned back while she was sitting in the sand. The sun was hitting her at such an angle, her eyes were brighter than they've ever been, freckles appearing lightly on her cheeks. Ashton knew view was more perfect, the beautiful blue water wasn't anything close to the girl sitting next to him.

Ashton wasn't aware he had been tapping his hand on his leg the whole time, so he slung his arm around Reagan, kissing her temple making her flash a smile.

"Is this where I pull that cheesy line, she thought the view was pretty, but I thought she was prettier?" Ashton chuckled making Reagan laugh and shake her head.

"Something like that," she smiled meeting his eyes. "I love you."

"I love you more than you'll ever know" Ashton said smiling at her making her cheeks blush a little bit.

"Shut up," she said smiling, pulling her hand up to her face as she always did when she smiled. Reagan always covered her smile with her hand and stared at the ground. It showed she was not good at taking compliments, especially from Ashton who was the most beautiful person she has ever known.

"We've come a long way," Ashton said as he nodded to his right. Up the beach a few miles was the place where Ashton's dad crashed into his life over a year ago at his cousin's wedding.

"Yeah, we've had a lot of ups and downs," Reagan agreed thinking of everything that had happened between the two. A lot had happened and she was proud of where they were today.

Ashton took a breath in before he continued, "Almost two years ago I met you, and I remember how you were telling me how messy your life was. Since then we've grown as people a lot. I see you grow every day, and I continue to fall in love with you. Even though you're so amazing and strong... you keep calling yourself a mess.. well guess what.. you're my beautiful mess," Ashton said as he came in front of Reagan.

"Yeah life can be messy, and things can be hard, but I want to plow through the mess with you by my side," Ashton said pulling out the small box from his pocket. Reagan's hand found her mouth as the tears started prickling at her eyes.

Reagan knew Ashton just asked her to marry him, but she swore she was dreaming when she heard the words come out of his mouth. She was crying at this point, she hadn't even taken her hand away from her mouth. All she could do was nod as words wouldn't find their way to her.

Ashton slid the ring on her finger and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I love you so much," Reagan finally mumbled, pushing her lips to Ashton's.

Reagan was always a girl who had a wall up. She had only let a few people in, and she was happy she let Ashton in. She had fought her way out of Seattle, from her parents tight hold and judgments. She had fought herself. She remembered thinking she wasn't good enough when she had her breakup with Ryan. But later, she fought her insecurities to make a real relationship work with Ashton.

And now, she would fight the sun as it woke her up each morning, but she wouldn't fight Ashton's grip around her.

-
A/N

WHAT A PERFECT ENDING WOW IM SO HAPPY. 
This story was amazing to write and i hope you guys fell in love with it like i did. I have some other stuff i'm... very, very, slowly working on so maybe that will be uploaded one day. 
I love you guys for reading. 

Don't forget you can always keep up with me and my life at @SassgarthLuke on twitter! 

See you guys later, :-)

-Ricki