Chapter 6

Ashton was restocking Cd's on the shelves when he heard the bell of the door ring. He turned around to see Michael and Sam walking towards him.

"Hey guys," Ashton said as he put the last of the Cd's up.

"Hey Ash," they said. "Did you want to grab lunch with us?" Michael asked leaning on the front counter.

"I can't I don't get off until 3 or whenever Brad lets me leave," Ashton said looking at the clock on the wall. It was 12:30, so he didn't have too much longer.

"I would wait but I'm starving," Michael said. "By the way I called you last night and you never answer."

"Oh sorry Reagan was over for dinner," Ashton shrugged. He remembered seeing Michael's name appear on his phone, but he forgot to call him back.

"Wait Reagan was at your house for dinner? She's alive?" Sam asked. Ashton almost forgotten that Reagan ignored everyone for the last two weeks, Ashton was the first one she spoke to.

"More importantly, why was she at your house? You don't even invite me to your house," Michael scoffed making Ashton laugh.

"Because whenever you came over, you would beat Harry at all his games so bad he didn't want to play them anymore!" Ashton pointed out.

Before Michael could come back and defend himself someone else was walking through the door. And surprisingly, it was Reagan.

"Hey," Ashton smiled as Reagan approached him with coffees in her hand.

"Hey, I got a free coffee at Starbucks after work and I figured I could walk over and give it to you." she said, "I didn't know you guys would be here or I would've gotten something for everyone," Reagan laughed nervously.

"More importantly, you're alive. God damn I thought Id never hear from you again," Sam laughed.

"Sorry about that," Reagan said giving her a small smile.

"We are headed to lunch, but give me a call. We need to catch up okay?" Sam asked with the most sincere voice. Reagan nodded and the couple bidded them a goodbye before walking out the door. Of course Michael shot Ashton a wink when no one else was looking making Ashton shake his head.

"So free coffee huh?" Ashton asked taking a sip from the cup Reagan slid over to him.

"Yeah the guy forgot to add the white chocolate in mine," she said taking a sip of hers.

"Or he just wanted to give you free coffee," Ashton laughed. Reagan was cute, he wouldn't doubt some guy just did it as a way to hit on her. He saw those things happen all the time. He received a shrug from Reagan who was obviously too blind to see her own beauty.

Reagan wanted to say something, but she wasn't exactly sure what to say. She wasn't even sure how she ended up at Ashton's job. Yeah she got a free coffee, but that was basically an excuse for her to come in. She really had planned on stopping by anyways, but she didn't know why. After work she just found herself on the same street and hoped Ashton was working.

"So what time do you get off?" Reagan asked not sure really what to say.

"3," Ashton said glancing at the clock again; it was 1:08.

"Did you want to do something afterwards?" Reagan asked. "Or did you have something else you were gonna do?" she continued suddenly feeling a bit insecure.

"No hanging out is cool," Ashton smiled. He didn't have anything planned but going home and probably sleeping or going to the gym with Calum.

"I don't want to make you just sit here while I work though," Ashton said scratching his neck, He knew Reagan would be super bored.