Chapter 16

"I feel like I haven't seen you in three years," Sam laughed once Reagan sat down across from her at the table the next morning.

The two just decided to get starbucks because neither of them were big breakfast eaters. They just got a cup of coffee and a muffin.

"It's been three days," Reagan laughed shaking her head.

"Okay a lot can happen in three days," Sam defended.

"Okay please tell me what has changed in your life in three days," Reagan pointed out.

"I don't have a life okay, but you do! so I know something has changed," Sam laughed at herself.

"Shut up," Reagan laughed.

"I'm just being truthful," Sam said putting her hands up in defeat.

"Yeah yeah," Reagan said before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Okay come on, what's going on with Ashton," Sam said.

Reagan explained how Ashton came up after her birthday dinner and she was confused. She told Sam about how Ashton and Reagan both had feelings for each other, which made Sam call out a loud, "Duh."

She told Sam how he came to dinner with her to meet her dad and brother and how he kept her calm. Sam knew briefly about Reagan's family. She knew a general overview of how they treated her.

"He just made me feel better about myself, and then we talked and made it official," Reagan shrugged casually. She wasn't too big on telling her whole personal life, but she was happy she was able to tell someone this. She was really happy about being with Ashton.

"I just want to say I told you that you guys would end up together," Sam pointed out making Reagan roll her eyes.

"But i'm happy you're happy. Are you guys gonna come out with everyone tonight?" Sam asked.

"I think so. Ashton had mentioned it last night but he's working right now, so we haven't really talked about it. I wouldn't see why not," Reagan said.

Sam's phone began to vibrate on the table and Reagan could see it was a picture of Michael.. and he had blue hair.

"Michael dyed his hair blue!" Reagan exclaimed as Sam picked up her phone. It was red the last time Reagan saw him.

"Oh yeah," Sam said picking up the phone. "Hey babe."

Reagan unlocked her phone, it was noon now. She couldn't believe an hour flew by so fast.

Within a few minutes, Sam was off the phone. "I have to go get Michael from Calums," Sam said standing up from the table.

"But seriously, you and Ashton meet us at Sunrise grill at 7," Sam said as she grabbed her purse.

"Alright see you guys then," Reagan said as she watched Sam walk out of the door.

Reagan realized Ashton was working and why not return him the favor and bring him some coffee. She was only a few blocks from his job.

Ashton was flipping through a music magazine scanning over the drum kits and guitars listed inside when he heard the bell on the door ding.

"Hey," Reagan said once Ashton lifted his head. "I thought I would return the favor," she smiled handing him his coffee.

"Aw you're great," Ashton said taking a small sip being careful not to burn his tongue.

"I know," Reagan laughed, "Just kidding."

"Did you know Michael dyed his hair blue?" Reagan asked Ashton as she leaned against the counter.

"Really? No I didn't," Ashton said kind of shrugging it off.