Chapter 34

The hardest part of moving in with Reagan was telling his family. Ashton tried to plan what he was gonna say, not sure how everyone would react. He had been the figure Harry and Lauren looked up to since they were basically born. Ashton was always there for his mom to lean on, and he didn't know how they were all going to take him leaving. Even though he would still be down the street, it was going to be weird for each of them to come home and not have Ashton sitting in his room or banging on his drums. It would be weird to not have him around for dinner or even try to blame him for leaving dirty dishes in the sink.

But yet again, they all knew it had to happen someday. 

Ashton had tried to tell his family all day, but it never came out. It wasn't until they were all hanging out in the living room after dinner, watching TV.

"Hey guys I have some news," Ashton said clearing his throat and rubbing the back of his neck.

"What's up sweetie?" his mom asked turning to meet his eyes.

"Well Reagan and I fixed things a while ago, and we're really trying this time. She asked me to move in, and I agreed. I planned on moving my stuff over this weekend," Ashton said slowly, rubbing his neck.

Ashton didn't know how to react, but he felt himself breathe again when he saw his mom smile and reach to hug him.

"I'm happy for you sweetie," his mom said giving him a big smile.

"I'll still be around, it's only up the street," Ashton smiled looking at Harry and Lauren who were smiling too. Harry commented on how he liked Reagan, and how he knew she would actually make him do his laundry. Unlike Calum, who would let Ashton probably smell for days. Lauren just asked if she got to take Ashton's room which was bigger than hers, making Ashton chuckle.

Ashton's family being excited for him, only made him more excited. Him moving out closed a chapter in his life, but he was excited to start a new one. A new one with Reagan.

-

"That's all of it," Ashton said shoving the last box into Michael's trunk. Instead of renting some type of small moving truck, Ashton figured all his stuff would fit in the backseat and trunks of his friends car.

All he was bringing really was his clothes, a little dresser, his xbox even though he barely used it, and some random other stuff. It only took up his car, Reagan's and Michael's. Luke had drove himself and Calum over just to be sure they didn't need the extra space. He wasn't bringing any big furniture since Reagan already had it.

Ashton said goodbye to his family quickly, making sure not to keep everyone waiting. It was also quick because they had planned a dinner to have a few days later, so saying goodbye just felt like he was going away for a sleepover.

Moving all the stuff into Reagan's wasnt that difficult. Each person grabbed what they could carry and it only took a couple of trips down to the car and back. The hardest part was the stairs, even though there wasn't that many.

"Did you guys want to stay for dinner? I was probably just gonna make some pizzas or something," Reagan asked walking into the kitchen.

"No thanks, I told Sam I would cook for her tonight since she thinks I can only make cereal," Michael scoffed slinging his arm around Sam, rolling his eyes.

"Wait by your phone, I might need you to come save our house from burning down," Sam laughed relaxing in Michael's grip.

"If I stay here any longer I might go crazy because there's too many boxes for me to get away from Luke. We're all too close to each other and Luke smells," Calum said staring at Luke.

"I told you I just went on a run!" Luke said throwing his hands in the air.

Luke announced he needed to take Calum home, (even though he should make Calum walk for his smelly comment) so he can go home and shower. Luke was sure his mom was making his favorite dinner anyways.