Chapter 23

Reagan got into her car and rushed home. She didn't want to be near Ashton or anybody honestly.

The words just repeated in her head.

It wasn't worth it anyways.

Reagan had problems.

Lost cause.

She laid in bed staring at the ceiling. Last night, she felt indulged in pain. Like someone was choking her and she couldn't breath. Now.. it was all different. She was laying there stinging in anger. She could feel her blood boiling.

Not only did Reagan ache for Ashton all throughout the night, but she had longed for him more than she had ever longed for anybody.

Ashton was one of the best people Reagan knew.. she had thought of him so highly. She thought she could trust him with anything, but now Ashton had proved that wasn't necessarily true.

Now she felt alone... god she had never felt more alone than she did now. She felt betrayed and like every good thing he had said about her was a lie.

She was torn out of her thoughts when she heard her phone constantly buzzing on the nightstand table beside her.

Sam: Call me.. please.

Sam: Reagan don't shut yourself out from everyone again, please talk to me.

Ashton: Can we please talk Reagan. Just hear me out, I can't just say i'm sorry over text.

Reagan shook her head and tossed her phone back to the side, letting out a deep breath. She rolled on her side, and stared at the wall and just laid there until she couldn't keep her eyes open anymore.

"Hey you're home, want some dinner?" Ashton's mom asked making Ashton give her a sad side smile.

"Are you okay?" his mom asked. Ashton just shook his head and lightly pushed his way past her, heading towards his room.

Ashton changed and laid in bed. He couldn't believe what had happened. He didn't even mean it, he had just been so worked up the past couple of days that things slipped out of his mouth. Now everything was crashing and burning.

He felt the guilt eating him up, and he rolled over to grab his phone typing out a text message.

Can we please talk Reagan. Just hear me out, I can't just say i'm sorry over text.

That night, Ashton fell asleep with his phone in his hand, hoping he would hear anything from Reagan but he had an idea he wouldn't hear a thing.

-

Ashton woke up the next morning, awoken by all the voices coming from his living room. He glanced over at the clock, fuck it was 8:30. He had to be at work at 9. He rushed into the bathroom to take a shower, before quickly throwing on his clothes.

When he walked into the living room he saw his dad talking with Harry and Lauren.

"Ashton," his dad said looking at him.

"Can't late for work," Ashton said blowing past him and out to the car. His dad was the last person he wanted to deal with. He just wanted him gone, and hopefully he would be when Ashton got home.

Ashton got to work and barely made it on time. He let out a huff after he jogged up to the front counter and clocked in. His boss Brad gave him a run down about what they had to restock and what needed to be done for inventory.

Ashton threw himself into what Brad asked him to do so the time could pass without it being painfully slow. He just wanted to go home. Actually he wanted to go to Reagan's. He wanted to feel her touch again, or feel the way her warm soft lips felt against his, but he screwed that all up.