Chapter 5

Ashton didn't hear or see Reagan for another two weeks. He had sent her a few texts here and there, but they were never returned.

Ashton was at Calum's house with Luke, Michael, and Sam. They were all sitting on the couch drinking a beer or two just talking.

"Are you guys gonna register for classes?" Luke asked.

"No way. A two year degree is enough, if I have to go through anymore school i'm sure i'll drop out," Michael could never get up on time in the morning either.

"I might take a couple" Calum said taking a swig of his beer.

"Nope," Ashton said. He didn't like school, getting through high school was enough for him. He knew he really needed to go to college to get a four year degrees and get a good job so he could move out and have his own life some day, but he didn't want to.

"Does anyone want another beer?" Calum asked grabbing the empty glass bottles off the table.

"I'm good, one was enough." Ashton said, he had to drive home and didn't want to take any chances.

"What ever happened to Reagan? Did she decide to move with what's his name?" Ashton asked. He knew Ryan's name, but he knew Ryan wasn't worthy of actually being called by his name.

"You don't know?" Sam asked raising her eyebrow making Ashton shake his head confused.

"Her and Ryan broke up like a little over a week ago and Ryan ended up moving early. He left yesterday. She wouldn't really talk to me, but I got that much out of her."

Ashton didn't know, Reagan hadn't bothered to speak to him. But now he guessed he knew why. It made him feel bad though, because he figured Reagan would need someone to lean on.

Reagan really wasn't feeling like talking to anyone. She had told Sam because Sam was really her only best friend. She had her friend Ashley, but Ashley was kind of insincere. She would probably tell Reagan to sleep around until she felt better. She was only friends with Ashley because it was one of the only people Ryan had actually liked.

Reagan had spent the past two weeks sulking in her own apartment. Leaving to get food when she needed it and to go to work but that was it. She spent the majority of her time in bed watching movies and eating food, the fastest way to fix a broken heart.

One thing that really hit Reagan hard was the fact that Ryan just left. He stayed for another week then decided to move away early. So even if she wanted to fix things, she couldn't because Ryan was gone. He was gone for good.

-

The next day Reagan changed things up. Instead of laying in bed all day long and feeling sorry for herself, she decided to sit out on her balcony with a cup of coffee. She stared at the blue sky, she was startled when her phone started to ring. For the past several days, Reagan had completely ignored her phone. She ignored all the calls and deleted all the messages she received without even looking at them. But today she found the strength to hit the answer button.

"Hello," Reagan said with a monotone not even bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hey you're alive," she heard Ashton chuckle. Ashton was honestly surprised Reagan even answered the phone.

"Yeah," Reagan said looking out at the view.

Ashton honestly didn't even know why he called Reagan. He guessed it was because he wanted to see if Reagan even picked up.

"How are you?" Ashton began to ask. "Actually ignore that. That was a stupid question i'm sorry."

"It's okay," Reagan said letting a small laugh escape through her lips.