Chapter 3

Ashton was laying in bed watching a movie when his phone started ringing. He looked down to see Michael was calling him.

"Hey Mikey," Ashton said placing his phone in between his ear and shoulder.

"There's a party at my house tonight, you better be there," Michael spoke into the phone.

"I don't know," Ashton hesitated. He had an early shift at work that morning and was tired.

"It's not a question."

After five minutes of Michael pushing Ashton to come, he finally caved. But really, what else did he have to do? After agreeing to buy some beer to bring to Michael's, Ashton hung up the phone and ran his hands through his hair.

Ashton made his way downstairs to join his family for dinner around 5:30.

"I'm dropping Lauren and her friends off at a movie after dinner, is there anything you had planned for tonight Ash?" his mom asked him as they ate together.

"I was gonna go to Michael's to hang out with the guys," Ashton said pushing the rest of his steak on his plate.

He knew it wouldn't be a good choice to bring up a party in front of his little brother and sister. He wanted to be the best role model he could for them. He knew he didn't want them to do things like he did. Like skipping school and then going to parties for example. Ashton wasn't very unhappy with his life. He had a job and even took some classes at the community college, but he knew his siblings could be very successful if they tried. He wanted them to put their focus on school, unlike Ashton who just didn't give a fuck.

Ashton helped his mom clear the table before going up stairs. He changed from his gray sweatpants to put on black jeans with a hole in the knee. He kept on the muscle tee which had holes in it before pulling on his green army jacket over it. Most people were confused why he always had holes in his shirt but he always liked the rugged look. Well he started to like that look after his horrendous times in middle school where he wore purple shirts with rolled up blue jeans.

He pulled on his shoes before making his way out of the house. He got into the car and made his way to a convenience store on a corner of a street just a few blocks from Michael's. He only agreed to buy the alcohol for Michael's party because he was the closest to the store, and he knew he would never hear the end of it if he couldn't make one quick stop. Ashton made his way out of the store with a case of beer and headed towards Michael's.

"You're here early for a party," Michael said as he pulled open the door for Ashton. Michael said it started at 7, it was 7:15. But he was right, there were only a few people around.

"I wanted to get this in the refrigerator," Ashton said holding up the case in his hand. He said hello to Luke and Calum before putting all of the aluminum cans into Michael's fridge.

A couple of hours later, there was plenty of people around. Ashton made his way inside to grab another drink.

After pushing through everyone and saying "Excuse me," a countless number of times, he finally found his friends outside. When he pulled open the door he then saw that his chair was taken. He looked to see Reagan sitting in it, he met her eyes with his.

"Oh hey," Ashton said taken back. He forgot about Reagan even mentioning she was coming.

"Oh is this your seat?" she asked getting up.

"Yeah it's not a big deal," Ashton said pushing his hair from his face.

"No really sit down it's fine," Reagan insisted. Ashton hesitated but made his way over to the chair. Right as Ashton was about to ask to make sure it was alright, someone pulled Reagan down into their lap. Ashton then realized there was an unfamiliar face among his friends.