Chapter 31

Reagan and Ashton had gone to dinner together before, but this was different.
For starters, they decided to go to a fancy restaurant for dinner. Like, really fancy. Ashton already knew the bill would be a lot, but he didn't mind. He knew he would do anything for this girl. They both deserved a really nice date night out.

They also had a lot to talk about. It had been a few months since they really talked, and they had both done some growing up. This was also their first date since their fresh start.

"So how was New York?" Ashton asked as they ate.

"Really nice. Refreshing to have a change of scenery," Reagan nodded glancing at Ashton, then her hands, then back at Ashton.

"Did you guys do anything big like see a broadway show?"

"No, we went to the statue of liberty and time square, but for the most part we just kind of hung around," Reagan smiled, "What have I missed around here?"

"Well, Calum is taking to a girl named Elizabeth. Luke must have grown another inch or i'm shrinking, and Michael changed his hair color about four times," Ashton chuckled before catching his bottom lip with his teeth for a second.

"What color is it today?" Reagan giggled wondering if it had changed since she saw him two days ago.

"Black, he actually dyed it this afternoon. He texted me when I was coming to meet you," Ashton laughed shaking his head surprised at how Michael even had hair left.

"Will it be black tomorrow?"

"We'll see," Ashton said.

Dinner went smoothly, and Ashton was glad to have Reagan back in his life. He was glad the complicated times between them were over, and he knew he would do anything to keep them together now.

"Wanna come upstairs?" Reagan asked once they got back to her apartment complex. They went to get ice cream after dinner, but Reagan still wanted to spend more time with Ashton. She wanted to make up for all the time they loss.

Now that she knew what it felt like to be without him, she never wanted him to be away from her.

"Thought you would never ask," Ashton grinned as they got out of the car and climbed the stairs to Reagan's apartment.

When they got upstairs and settled in, Ashton and Reagan just ended up on the couch watching tv. Both of them wanting to be together, but not having an idea of what to do. Each other's company was good enough.

Ashton had his arm slung over Reagan's shoulder, making her lean on his chest where she was close enough Ashton could even smell her fruity scented shampoo. Ashton kissed Reagan's head softly, making her smile up at him.

It had been at least two hours of them watching whatever tv shows Reagan flipped to, and she was starting to yawn.

"Tired, want to go to sleep?" Ashton asked wanting to make sure he wasn't keeping Reagan up if she wanted to go to bed.

"Yeah tired, sleep not," Reagan said before giggling and yawning again, "Sorry... yes to tired, but no to sleep."

"Much tired, many words," Ashton laughed at Reagan, "I should go anyways, I have to work tomorrow morning."

"Fine," Reagan pouted. "Can we do something tomorrow?" Reagan asked walking Ashton to the door.

"Yeah, I think everyone wanted to hang out. I'll text you later," Ashton said kissing Reagan's forehead as he turned to her.

"Sounds good, drive safe," Reagan smiled before standing on her tip toes to push a kiss to Ashton's lips.

"Goodnight."