Chapter 12

Reagan felt so many emotions, she was speechless. Ashton had just made the move to kiss her. He kissed her.

She felt joy. She wasn't the only one who enjoyed the brief kiss they shared at the concert.
She felt nervous. She was now going to possibly have their friendship at risk. Who know where this mysterious path between them would lead?
She felt confused. Was he interested in pursuing a relationship with her? For how long did he have feelings for her? Was she sure she even wanted to date him?

She licked her lips and opened her eyes, meeting Ashton's. She didn't know what to say, all she could do was bite on her bottom lip from the nerves.

Ashton's eyes met Reagan's and he looked at her smile, making reality hit him in the face. There was no denying Ashton had feelings towards her. He wanted to be the reason for that smile, he could tell just by their kiss that he really liked her. Everything in that moment felt.. right.

Ashton didn't know what to say once the two pulled back. He just hoped he didn't do anything that made Reagan feel uncomfortable because he was scared for her to run from him again. He just felt like it was the right moment. His feelings were confirmed for her once she started to ramble about how she couldn't stop thinking about their first kiss. He had to act on impulse.

She said she felt stupid, but he never wanted Reagan to look down upon herself. She was a great person, but she treated herself like she was worth nothing. Ashton didn't like that at all.

"I'm gonna be honest with you," Ashton said intertwining his own fingers together. He took a breath before he continued.

"I'm sorry if that made you feel awkward or anything, but I'm not sorry for doing it," he said flickering his eyes up to hers.

That was one thing about Reagan, sometimes he couldn't read her. He couldn't tell what she was thinking or feeling. It was all a mystery, but Ashton liked trying to figure her out.

"It's alright," Reagan said with a smile and small nod. Ashton took it as a key that it wasn't the time to talk about it, he figured he would divert the subject feeling awkward after he had kissed her again. He couldn't tell if she wanted it to happen. Did she want him to kiss her?

"You were really surprised at your dinner?" Ashton asked not sure how to break the silence.

"Yeah! I was skeptical because I knew Sam wouldn't let me do nothing on my birthday, but I didn't know you were gonna help them trick me," she smiled.

Ashton chuckled, "I'm full of surprises."

Reagan laughed and nodded, Ashton really was. Reagan never thought that someone as a good as a person like Ashton could like her, but Ashton did.

Reagan got up and grabbed a bottle of wine before walking out into the living room.

"Birthday wine?" She asked as she sat next to Ashton.

"I shouldn't I have to drive home," Ashton said with a soft frown. He knew one glass wouldn't affect him but he didn't like taking the chance at all.

"Do you work tomorrow?" Reagan asked making Ashton shake his head no.

"I mean you could always stay here, but if not then we can pass," Reagan said softly as she put the bottle down on the coffee table in front of them.

"Alright," Ashton smiled after a second of hesitation. He didn't want to leave Reagan's side. He was always happy when he was with her.

A couple hours later after they had downed three glasses of wine and ate some ritz crackers, the two could barely keep their eyes open. In fact Ashton was pretty sure he had fallen asleep on the couch for a minute or two in between conversations.