two

"I still can't believe you talked to Colby without totally freaking out." Devin told me a couple days after the party.

I nodded my head in agreement as I looked at her. The morning after the party, I had a notification from Instagram.

The infamous Colby Brock had found my account and followed me. Even though I was hungover, it made me feel good.

I instantly shut down any hopes knowing he's out of my league. Plus, I don't think he would date someone like me.

I'm not your typical Hollywood Barbie. I'm not super thin, I'm not white, or a blonde.

I'm happy with my heritage and where I come from though. "I know I was shocked. I think the alcohol gave me courage."

I laugh a little bit as I bit into my food. Devin didn't want to eat lunch on campus so she asked if I wanted to eat at Chipotle with her.

So here I am, eating with her. I love Chipotle so how could I say no. I could see her eyes widen behind me which confused me.

She wiped her face while chewing the last bit of her food. "What would you do if I told you he just walked in?"

I almost choke on my food while I turn around. I was hoping she was messing with me.

But there he was, walking in. He looked like he was by himself. "Should I yell for him?" She asked as I turned back to her.

"No, so help me God if you do, I'll fight you." I threaten her. It doesn't stop her though.

She yells out his name making me hide my face. I didn't want to turn around, but I couldn't help myself.

He was walking over towards us, a smile on his face. I curse under my breath while he comes over.

Once he reaches the table, I smile up at him. He looked more casual today. Cotton shorts and his always tired merch.

"You stalking me now, Brock?" I tease with him a little bit. Both him and Devin looked shocked by it.

"Shouldn't it be the other way? You have a crush on me and this is my favorite place to eat." He came back.

I just shake my head and smile towards him. "You got me there." I laugh a little.

He looks at me and then at Devin. "You care if I join you two?" He asked looking at us.

I look to see Devin actually was finishing her food. "I actually have to go to class but, I'm sure Vanessa can stay." She was smirking towards me.

I know what she was doing. It's currently twelve and she doesn't have class until two thirty.

Here she goes again, trying to set me up with a guy. He looks over at me, an eyebrow risen.

"If it's okay with you, I'll order my food and we can be lunch buddies." It didn't sound too bad.

I still had half of my burrito. "Yeah, that's fine." He flashes me a smile and tells me he'll be right back.

Once he's out of earshot, I glare at my best friend. "Don't look at me like that, Nessa. You're gonna be thanking me later."

I just roll my eyes at her. "I just hope you have fun at your class." I scold her. A couple minutes later, Colby comes back with his food.

Devin stood up and sighed, causing us to look at her. "I better get going. It was nice seeing you again, Colby." She told him.

He smiled while sitting down his food. "You too, Devin." I just watched like it was a tennis match.