sixteen

I woke up this morning with a pounding headache. I open my eyes to see I was in Colby's room.

I could feel his arm wrapped securely around me. As I laid there, the more nauseous I felt.

I rush out of the bed and head to the bathroom. I didn't want Colby seeing me like this but I didn't care.

This is why no one talks about the day after your twenty-first birthday.

As I threw up in his bathroom, I could hear footsteps coming behind me.

He pulled my hair back and started rubbing my back. We stayed like this for a few minutes.

Once I feel like I've thrown everything up, I lean back. "I'm sorry you had to see that." I apologized.

"Don't worry about it. Everyone has these hangovers." Colby sweetly said. His voice was raspy so I can tell he was still half asleep.

"I'm never drinking again." I groan. I've never felt this bad before.

Colby lightly chuckled behind me. "I just don't trust you with Stas." Taking shots with her is the last thing I remember.

I finally look up at him to see he was worried towards me. "From what I remember, she was the life of the party." I tease causing him to laugh.

"Come on, let's take you back to bed." He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bed.

He has water on the end table so when he laid me down, I started to chug it.

I look at him to see he was picking jeans up from off the floor. I furrow my eyes towards him.

"Are you leaving?" I ask sadly. He frowns and nods his head. "I was going to get some stuff for your hangover." He informs me.

"You don't have to do that, Colby." I try to tell him. He shakes his head while coming over towards me.

"I know, but I'm still gonna do it." He bent over and kissed my forehead. I blushed at the action as he went to change.

He ended up leaving and I hung out in his room, trying to sober up a little bit.

I could hear a keyboard so I got up and followed the noise. It was coming from Sam's room so I went over to it.

Kat was playing it while Sam was laying on his bed. He smiled when he saw me come up.

"How're you feeling?" Sam asked while sitting up. Kat stopped playing so she could look over.

A big smile grew onto her face. "Shit." I laugh it off. The two look between each other and then looked at me.

"Colby said he lost you for twenty minutes and found you on the kitchen floor with Stas." I went over so I could sit next to Kat.

"I was highly drunk by that point." I barely remember it, it was very blurry.

Even though I blacked out, it was a good party. I had a lot of fun taking shots with Stas.

"What were playing in here?" I question to Kat, hinting at her playing. She just shrugged while looking over at me.

"I was just messing around." She shrugged. A small smile formed on her lips.

"You should play something." She suggested. I was going to deny, blame my hangover on that I can't.

But I figure why not. If we're going to be friends, then why not play something for them.

I think for a second about what to play for them. "What do you wanna hear?" I ask looking at the two.

"One of your originals." Kat smiled towards me. The one that came to mind is one called Flowers.

I wrote it about my ex, Adam. I put my fingers on the keyboard, reminding myself of the keys. I start playing, them being quiet and listening.

"Took me over to your house to meet your family. Introduce me to them saying that you'll marry me." I start to sing.

I glance over towards them to see them looking at me surprised.

"Then you'd look me in the eye and say it's just a joke. Then you'd kiss me and I'd smile, did you even know?" I play along.

"I guess I should've been more conscious how you spoke to me." I sing the words I remember.

I actually enjoyed singing and playing for them. I look back over towards them to see they were watching me.

I slowly stopped, feeling the nerves hit me. Kat started frowning towards me.

"Why'd you stop?" She pouted towards me. I tucked some of my hair behind my ear.

"I got nervous. Plus, it's not as good as I remember." I spoke honestly.

Sam sat up in bed, coming over to the edge. "Vanessa, you're amazing." Sam hyped me up.

Kat was nodding her head. "He's right. Coming from a singer, your vocal range is amazing." Kat complimented me.

I could feel myself start to blush. I could tell they weren't just saying it. They really meant it.

"Whenever you're comfortable, I definitely want you to be on a song of mine." I nod my head towards her.

I think it'll be really fun. I hung out with them while I waited for Colby to show up.

I feel like I spend so much time with Colby, Devin, and Crawford, I don't see anyone else that much.

"We should have another girls night, Kat." I suggest. She squealed excitedly and agreed with me.

I think it'll be fun to have a girls night. I heard footsteps behind me, I turn to see it was Colby.

An instant smile grew on my face. "I didn't expect you would be up. How are you feeling?" He asked sweetly.

"A little better." He had Target bags in his hands. "Dude, your girl over here has an amazing voice." Sam hyped me up.

I could feel myself turn red again. Colby looked down at me surprised.

"You sang for them?" He didn't sound mad, just shocked

I nodded my head towards him. "It was a in the moment kind of a thing." I tell him.

He swallowed deeply and looked down at the bags. "I have medicine for you."

It was super sweet how he went out and did that for me.

The four of us hung out for a couple of hours, letting my hangover ease up.

Whenever I felt good enough to leave, I stood up from Colby's couch.

"I think I'm gonna head out." I look down to see he was frowning towards me.

"Are you okay to drive?" I nodded my head. My head was feeling a lot better.

"I'll be fine, you worry about me too much." I tease him a little bit.

He rolls his eyes while standing up. He said he was going to walk me to my car so we started walking side by side.

"How would you feel about hanging out tomorrow?" He asked, a little nerves on his voice.

I don't have any plans tomorrow other than hopping on stream. "Doing what?" I question.

I don't know what his endgame is here. "Going on a date, with me." I look up at him surprised.

I didn't think he was being serious, but I can see he was behind his eyes.

A small smile formed onto my lips while I looked up at him.

"I'd love to."