twenty-nine

I don't remember getting home. I just know that I'm currently throwing up with Crawford.

After everything that happend last night, we went to a club and got fucked up together.

I mean, what else were we supposed to do? She's blackmailing us. And I'm going to lose Colby because of it.

Once we were done throwing up, we were laying on the bathroom floor.

"You look like shit." I heard Sam say. I look at him confused. "I think I'm still drunk." I tell Crawford.

"Me too." I look at him in disbelief. As I look at Sam, Devin pushed through.

"You're not. But you're both taking a shower and explaining what's going on." I knew we had to.

We both slowly stood up and took showers to clean off the alcohol from last night. When we went into the living room, everyone was there.

Everyone but Colby. "What's going on, are you two okay?" Stas asked worriedly.

I look at Crawford, telling him to explain everything. "Jennifer isn't who she says she is." Stas, Kat, and Sam look at each other confused.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked worriedly. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"Her names Brynn, and we used to date a few years ago." He started to explain.

I could tell he was nervous. He explained how she tried to tell Crawford I was using him and tried to ruin our friendship.

He explained how when they broke up, she tried to say he cheated on her with me and how she say a lot of shit on his name.

"Okay, what did she mean at the car?" Devin asked when he had finished. Before we could answer, the front door opened.

I looked to see it was Colby walking in. "Give me a moment." I get up so I can talk to him.

He looked exhausted. "Hey, I've been trying to reach you all morning." He rasped towards me.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I had a late night." I try to be vague about it. He stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, I saw the pictures of you and Crawford leaving the club last night." My heart skipped a beat.

I guess someone took pictures of us and it's spreading out. "Look, can I explain?" I beg. I knew Brynn would come between us.

"Did something happen between you and Crawford last night?" I could hear Crawford stand up.

"Yo, you know we're like siblings right?" Crawford defended us. Colby just looked at him, a little pissed off.

"Is that what you tell Nezza?" Crawford lunged at him but I made sure to hold him back.

I just stare at Colby, not knowing what I was looking at. "What is wrong with you?" I spit in his face.

"I could ask you the same after talking to Jennifer last night. I'll leave you guys to it." We all watch him in silence.

I hated watching him go. "Okay, you two have to tell us what's going on." I sigh as we did.

We explained how when they were still together, we went to Vidcon together.

She told us some fans wanted to meet us in the hotel room, so we went.

When we went up there to their room, they were underage, probably sixteen, and passed out drunk.

She got them drunk and was going to tell the world that we got them drunk.

Luckily, she hasn't yet, but I can't be sure. If it gets out there, that me and Crawford got underage fans drunk, we're done for.

"There's gotta be a way for us to prove she's the one who did it." Sam thought out loud.

I shake my head. "She took a video to make it look like we did it." Crawford tells us.

"Well, we have to tell Colby before she does." I didn't realize until now how supportive my friends are.

Crawford and I honestly don't deserve them. I mean, we pushed them away twelve hours ago.

And they came over and listened to what we had to say. They believe what we say, and they're going to help us.

We all made a plan to drive back to the guys house. We know he has to be there.

Crawford, Devin, and myself drive there while Stas, Kat, and Sam rode in his car.

I was nervous to drive there. I don't know what's going to happen. We pull in together and they say they can let me go in there first.

I run up to his door and open it. When I swung it, he was luckily alone. "We need to talk. I'll tell you everything." I tell him almost out of breath.

I look at Colby with tears in my eyes. "Please tell me she didn't tell you anything." He comes over to me and wraps his arms around me.

I wasn't expecting it but I still take it. I wrap my arms around his strong body. These past couple of hours have been hell.

When I calmed down, we pulled away. I explained everything to him, hopefully he would listen.

When I finished, he just looked. "I didn't want you to look at me differently, Colby." I frown towards him.

"I just wish you had faith in me. I wasn't going to judge, I've been arrested." He has a point.

He's been arrested and I've never judged him for it. "Do you think you could forgive me?" I asked hopeful.

He looked down at me sadly. "I think we need some time apart. I didn't know where you were all night and you lied to me."

I was in so much pain, but I deserve it. I should've told him. "Please, Colby. I need you." I cry out a little bit.

"I'm sorry. I need time to think about this, Vanessa." I back away from him, wiping my tears.

This one hurts a lot worse than my high school relationship with Adam. That's how I know it's real.

I try to inhale a deep breath. "I'm sorry." My voice broke whenever I said that.

I walk out of his room with tears streaming down my face. I walk outside to see everyone standing there.

They all looked sadden when they saw my face. "What happened?" Kat frowned towards me.

I shrug while thinking about it. "She won. We broke up." The first person to come up to me was Crawford.

I cried into his chest as he rubbed my back. This honestly feels like a nightmare.

Sam, Kat, and Stas told me how sorry they were when I had calmed down. I felt so bad.

Sam tried to tell me multiple times how it's not my fault. He promised me that he was going to try to talk to Colby.

Even though I feel a little better, deep inside I feel like it's my fault. I should've let him in, told him what was going on.

I was scared though, scared he was going to judge me. Before leaving, Sam looked at me softly.

I could tell he looked sad for me. "Don't worry about it, Nessa. I'll talk to him and get through his thick skull." He lightly laughs.

I lightly smile at the blonde. I'm super thankful for him, he could be taking his best friends side.

Instead, he's willingly going to help me. That shows how good of a person he is.

"Thanks, Sam. It truly means a lot." He just nods his head toward me.

I get into the car with Crawford and Devin, them looking at me worriedly.

"You okay?" I look at Devin with tears in my eyes. If I'm honest, I'm not okay whatsoever.

I shake my head towards her. "Can you both stay with me tonight?" They both agreed instantly.

This day went from bad to shitty. I'm just happy I have an amazing group of friends.

I would be lost without them.