nine

"Colby!" I yell throughout his house. He asked me to come over when I was done streaming so I just got here.

I did an early stream with Crawford so we could try to do a Fortnite tournament.

I didn't hear anything so I ran up to his room. I knock on his door and then step inside.

He was standing by his dresser, a towel wrapped around his waist. I gasp loudly, making him turn to me.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I apologize quickly. I averted my eyes away from him. Is it bad I wanted to look at him shirtless?

I closed the door again so I could hide my embarrassment. I chewed on my nails as I waited for him to be done.

When I heard the door open, I swung my head to look. He had the cheesiest grin plastered on his face.

"Hey." He said happily. I could feel myself start to blush. "Hi." I simply tell him. He opens his door wider so I could come in.

I go in and sit on his couch. "So, why did you invite me over on this lovely evening?" I ask looking at him.

He sighs and sits down next to me. "Since we're about to film up in New England, and you can't come, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?"

I just look up at him, surprised. "I figured I could show you Tender Greens and we could do something." He suggested.

He looked at me nervous so I made sure to give him a reassuring smile.

"I'm happy you're letting me go to your date spot with Brennen." I tease causing him to laugh a little bit.

"Just don't tell him about it." He tells me. I promise him I won't so I watch him gather his things.

He grabs his keys and wallet since he offered to drive. I follow him out the house and into the car.

As he drives, we listen to music and sing to different songs together. When Popular Monster ended, Dying in La came on.

It's probably my favorite song by Panic at the Disco. I turned it up a little as I look out the window.

"The moment you arrived, they built you up. The sun was in your eyes, you couldn't believe it." I sing along with Brendon.

When the first verse ended, I could feel Colby's stare. I look over to see him looking over at me.

Surprise was all over his face. I almost instantly felt myself heat up from the embarrassment.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I nervously start to laugh.

"Vanessa, you're amazing." He complimented. I could tell he was shocked.

I tried to deny it but he stopped me. "Seriously, Nessa. I'm dumbfounded with how good you are." I smile to myself.

It was the first time he called me Nessa, and I liked hearing him say it.

"You're just saying that." I try to tell him. He shook his head while he drove.

"I really hope you see how talented you are because I can." It made my heart flutter a little bit.

I could tell he wasn't saying it just to kiss my ass, he really meant it. And I think that's what made me soften up.

It made me feel like I can trust Colby with anything, even with my voice. I sing the rest of the song as he drives.

When we get to Tender Greens, he parks the car and we walk inside. I realized that it was a healthier place to eat at.

It looks super good though. We both ordered salads so we sit down to wait on it.

"So, where are you and Sam going to film?" I asked making conversation.

He sits his phone down and sips on his drink while looking at me.

"We're going to Lizzie Borden's house and after that, we're going to the real Conjuring house." I loved those moves.

One summer, Crawford, Chris, and myself binged watched them in their parents basement.

I shake my head while I look at Colby. "I don't know how you guys do that stuff. I would shit myself." I tell him honestly.

He lightly laughs towards me. "I did too whenever I first started, but I really enjoy it." He started explaining everything.

It's like when he spoke about it, I could see his eyes light up a little bit. You can tell he's super passionate about it.

"How safe is it?" I ask him, he thinks about it for a second. "It honestly depends." He started off.

"As long as you're respectful and take precautions, it's safe." He told me.

I would go ghost hunting with him and Sam. They've been doing it for two years so I feel like they know what they're doing now.

"Do you ever miss exploring?" I asked curiously. I remember when I watched their exploring videos, they always explained how they loved it.

He nodded his head towards me. "All the time. If I do it again, I'll make sure it's legal." He lightly laughed to himself.

"But then again, if I didn't get arrested, I wouldn't have gotten into the paranormal." He shrugged.

It's crazy how life works out like that. If I didn't start making vines and get popular on the app, I wouldn't have met Crawford.

I wouldn't have moved out here after I graduated if it wasn't for Vine or Crawford.

The world works in mysterious ways. They bring us our salads so we start eating. It's crazy how our conversations never die off.

There's always something we can talk about. Everything is super easy with him.

Tender Greens is a lot better than I thought it would be. I need to tell Crawford about this place so we can eat here together.

When we walked out of Tender Greens, Colby gives me a look. "What's that face for, Brock?" I ask suspicious.

We get into his car as he continues to look at me. "I have a question for you." He stated.

I just sit there and wait for him to ask it. "How do you feel about going and seeing the new Conjuring movie?"

The new one came out a couple days ago. I've been wanting to watch it so I almost instantly agreed.

It's currently six and the next showing is at seven thirty so we have some time to kill.

"Do you wanna go to Target and walk around?" I suggest. He agrees so he takes us to the nearest Target.

We figured we could sneak in snacks and a water bottle. We grabbed a buggy and started walking around.

We grabbed skittles, sour patch kids, and ring pops. After getting candy, we started walking away.

We found the fabric stuff so I started looking at it in the aisle. As I turned around, Colby was gone.

I swear, if he left me. As I walked past the fabric that was hanging, Colby made some weird ass noise while walking out of it.

I jumped while grabbing onto my chest. We both started laughing knowing he scared me.

"Did I really scare you?" He asked in between his laughter. I just nodded my head.

"Yes, you asshole." I laugh at him. He shrugs while looking at me. "That's just the way it is." I roll my eyes and shove him aside.

We spent thirty minutes messing around Target. We went to the theaters and snuck in our snacks.

I honestly had a good time spending time with Colby. Even when we're not doing much, I still enjoy it.

He's just super easy to talk to and very welcoming. I can feel us two becoming really good friends.

I'm thankful I got to meet him.