six

I had a horrible headache whenever I woke up. I open my eyes to see I'm in an unfamiliar room.

I look to see Colby was asleep next to me. I'm pretty sure we're in Jc's guest room.

Colby was facing me, his mouth was slightly open. He looked super peaceful.

He was probably going to be asleep for a while so I climbed out of bed so I wouldn't wake him up.

I think I definitely drank too much last night. I walk into the living room to see Crawford on the couch, playing on his phone.

"Vanessa!" Jc cheered loudly. Crawford dropped his phone and looked over at me.

A small smile formed on his lips. I could tell he was hungover. "You look like shit." Crawford told me as I sit down.

I flip him off while he sits up. Devin was still asleep so we tried to talk as lightly as we could.

We were talking about our favorite moments that we remember from last night.

It was honestly a fun party. Around noon, I saw Colby walking towards us. He had dark circles under his eyes.

"I think I drank too much." He admitted towards everyone. Once Devin woke up, the three of us left.

I played some music again but didn't turn it all the way up again knowing we all had a headache.

"If you two want, you can chill at my apartment and we can order a pizza." They tell me they were down for it.

We get to my apartment and order the pizza. "What did you guys want to watch?" I ask turning my tv on.

We ended up turning on American Horror Story and binge watching Murder House.

We ate together and just hung out. Devin had to leave though to pack her dorm room up.

I told her how she could move into my extra room in case she didn't want to stay at her parents.

"How's your headache?" Colby asked me sweetly. I just shrug while looking over to him.

"It's getting better, how's your hangover?" He just shrugged and smiled a little bit.

I could tell he had something on his mind. "How much do you remember?" He asked looking at me.

I try to think of my last memory. "Taking a shot with Crawford around midnight. Why?" I then felt a pit in my stomach.

"Did I embarrass myself?" I took a pillow and hid my face. He just laughed a little bit while looking at me.

"No, you're just very cuddly. Like you came over and wrapped your arms around me." I knew my face was red.

That's why my face is hidden. "I'm so sorry, you should've pushed me off or something." He shakes his head towards me.

"Vanessa, it's okay. It was kinda cute." He admitted towards me. I didn't know how he meant it but I went redder if it was possible.

I just roll my eyes, not knowing what to say. "You're a liar." It was now his turn to roll his eyes.

It was nice sitting here with Colby, talking about the party. Just a few weeks ago, I would be too scared to have a conversation with him.

But now we're sitting at my apartment alone and talking about the party we went to.

He stayed here for a couple of hours, but he sadly had to leave. I don't do much for the rest of the night.

But since I was feeling better the next day, Crawford and I decided to go shopping.

"You and Colby seemed close at the party." He brought up. I furrow my eyebrows as I look at the clothes.

"Why would you say that?" I laughed a little. He glances from the rack to look at me.

"I don't know, you were both cuddling throughout the night." I scrunch my nose towards him.

I hate how I get like that when I'm drunk. Colby didn't seem like he was uncomfortable when talking about it.

I just shake my head while grabbing a shirt that I like. "Colby and I are still getting to know each other." I deny his thinking.

"I know, but I think you two look good together." He compliments. I smile to myself for a minute, but shake it off.

I don't want to get my hopes up on if he doesn't gain feelings for me.

Plus, I'm enjoying getting to know him on a friend level. He's just super easy to talk to and we have a lot in common.

"We're just friends, Crawford." I remind him. I've only known him for a few weeks so it'll be too soon.

I wanna take my time with Colby right now. Crawford and I spend most of the day shopping at the mall.

When we get done with the mall, we got dinner. We ate and then went back to my apartment so we could stream.

We were going to chat and hang out with each other. I love spending time with Crawford. I wouldn't be here without him.

He left around midnight so it was only me. I went to bed shortly after.

I woke up to my phone ringing under my pillow the next morning. I groggily grab my phone and answer the call.

"Hello?" I rasp while sitting up in the bed. "It's ten in the morning, why are you just now waking up?" Devin laughed.

"Fuck off, why are you calling?" I ask confused. "Well, I talked to my parents. I'm moving in this summer!" She squealed.

Even though I was half asleep, I was excited and happy. I've been wanting her to move in for a while.

"You wanna move your shit in today?" I ask as she almost instantly agreed. I told her I could message Colby to see if he could help.

"That's cool, just let me know." I nodded my head even though she couldn't see. When we get off the phone, I text Colby.

He said he was down and he'll start getting ready and come over. I put on a pair of leggings and a loose t-shirt.

As I was tying my hair up, I heard my door open and close. "Vanessa?" I hear Colby yell out.

I walk out of my room right when he was walking in. I accidentally bumped into him causing me to stumble backwards.

He grabbed onto my arm while I look up at him. This is the first time I've looked into his eyes deeply.

They were a lot bluer in person, and a lot more piercing. His eyes are so captivating, I can't stop looking into them.

"You okay?" He asked bringing me out of my thoughts. I clear my throat and nod my head.

His hand was still on my arm. "Yeah, sorry. I got lost in thought." I half lie to him.

I didn't want to let him know I was thinking about how pretty his eyes are.

He just smiles to himself while he lets go of my arm. "Well, I'm ready whenever you are." I just nod my head.

I grab my keys so we can head out. Her parents live in San Clemente so it's an hour plus car ride.

"You better get comfortable Brock, we have a long car ride ahead of us." Los Angeles traffic might make it longer.

He just shrugs while getting into my car. I start it up so we could go ahead and get on the road.

"You can play music." I tell Colby he just nods and connects his phone to the bluetooth.

He starts playing Papa Roach which makes me instantly start singing along.

An hour long car ride alone with Colby will be great.