twelve

"You and Colby seem to be getting closer." Crawford gossiped towards me while I was at his house.

Colby was currently editing the Lizzie Borden video and knowing I did't want to bother him, I came over to Crawfords.

"Yeah, he's super sweet." I tell him. It's been a couple days since he slept over at my apartment.

We've been together almost everyday since then. But sadly today, he had to start editing.

"Just let him know that if he hurts you in any way, I'm gonna whoop his ass." He said laughing.

I just shake my head while I sit on his couch. He was home alone and waiting for Nezza to come over.

"We're just friends, Crawford." He looks at me like he doesn't believe me. We hang out for a couple hours and Nezza came over.

I figured I could let them have their alone time so I left. I feel bad for Colby.

I still haven't heard from him and it's almost eight. I dial his number and call him, it going over the car speakers.

He answered it on the fourth ring. "Hi, Colbs. How's editing going?" I asked when he answered.

"It's going. I'm almost half way through." He spoke. I frowned knowing he's been working on it all day.

"Have you ate dinner?" I ask worried about him. He was quiet for a moment.

"No, I was about to doordash something." I didn't want him to have to do that.

I shook my head over towards him even though he couldn't see it.

"Don't worry about it. I'll pick you up something. What do you want?" I ask starting to drive.

"You don't have to do that, Vanessa." He tries to tell me. I just shook my head.

"I know I don't have to, but I want to." I could tell he was smiling a little bit.

He sighed into the speaker. "In and Out does sound pretty good." He jokes. I smile while I keep my eyes on the road.

"I was thinking the same thing. Text me your order." We share our goodbyes and hang up the phone.

I listen to music while I drive to In and Out. Once there, I order for the both of us and wait in line.

I get our food and head over to Colby's. It took me about fifteen minutes to get to his house.

I grab our food and head up to his room. His door was closed so I lightly knock on it before going in.

When I walk in, he was turning around to look at me from his desk. A smile formed on his face. "You're a fucking g." He complimented.

We moved over to the couch in his room so we could eat together. "How was Crawford?" He asked while I sorted our food.

"He's good, we just hung out over at his house." I tell him. We make small talk to each other while we eat.

Mainly we talk about my day with Crawford knowing he didn't do much.

When we get done, we get comfortable on the couch. "Thanks for the food, Nessa. I can pay you back." I shake my head towards him.

"Don't worry about it. I wanted to do it." I shrug it off. He was looking at me intensely which made me nervous.

I wonder what he's thinking in that pretty little head. "Do you wanna stay the night?" He asked which caught me off guard.

"You want me to stay the night?" I ask a little dumbfounded. He nodded his head towards me.