twenty-two

"You got everything, Vanessa. I promise." Devin was helping me make sure I have everything packed together.

Colby should be on the way soon since Devin is driving us to the airport. We have an eleven hour flight tomorrow.

The flight starts at six am Los Angeles time, one pm London time.

We're gonna land at midnight London time, six pm Los Angeles time. Right when we get there, we'll have to go to bed.

We were gonna take melatonin so we could actually sleep. This is gonna be the first time I'm gonna deal with Jetlag so I don't know what to expect.

I sigh while I zip up my suitcase. "You excited?" She asked making conversation.

I nodded my head towards her. "I've never been to London so I'm excited to see everything in person." I explain to her.

"Plus, I'll admit that I'm happy I get alone time with Colby." I admit to her. She started smiling towards me.

"I'm super happy for you, you know?" She told me softly. I lean back so I can look at her fully. 

The two of us may joke around a lot, but we do have our moments where we're kind.

"I know you won't admit it, but I can tell he makes you super happy." He really does though.

Whenever he walks into a room, my heart feels full. "I don't know if it's cause I'm young, but I think he's your soulmate."

I roll my eyes towards her. "Oh come on Devin." I don't know if I believe her or not.

"I'm serious Nessa. You two clicked so fast and you have the same personality." She did have a point though.

We get along so well and we clicked so fast. "Maybe on the trip I'll learn." I keep an open mind.

As we sit and talk, we heard the front door open and close. "Where's my girl at?" I heard him yell.

"She's in here!" Devin yelled causing me to shake my head. He walked in his with his suitcase.

Devin looked at both of us and then stood up. "I better head off to bed. Gotta get up early." She waves us bye and heads out.

Colby walks over to the bed and sits on the bed. "You look stressed, you okay?" He noticed.

I sighed and looked into his eyes. "I'm just nervous about the flight." I honestly say.

He frowns and opens his arms. He didn't have to say anything, I got up from the floor and went into his arms.

He securely wrapped his arms around me, making me feel safe. He rubbed my arms while kissing my forehead.

"It's going to go okay, nothing's going to happen when I'm there." He comforted me.

We stayed like this the whole night. We cuddled and watched movies until we fell asleep.

Sadly, my alarm woke us up at three thirty in the morning. I groggily open my eyes and look over at Colby.

He's still deeply asleep next to me. He's the deepest sleeper I know.

I started shaking his shoulder so he can wake up. It took me a few minutes, but I eventually saw him starting to stir.

"Five more minutes." He rasped towards me. He snuggled towards me, putting his head on my chest.

"Okay, well you can have fun sleeping while I'm England flirting with a cute British guy in a bar." He almost instantly sat up.

Even though he was half asleep, he was giving me a death glare. "You play too damn much." He's just super easy.

We both went to the bathroom to get ready to leave. We walk out of the bathroom and bumped until Devin.

You can tell shes tired with the dark circles under her eyes. "Are you two ready?" Colby and I nod our heads and grab our suitcases.

We head down to her car and get inside. We were so tired, we didn't talk much. When she dropped us off, she gave us both hugs.

"Be careful, have fun, and use protection." Colby and I both flip her off as she laughs.

We walk through security and head towards where we need to board.

We show each other tik toks while we wait to board the plane. I honestly can't wait to get to Europe.

They call our plane and we walk to the seats, first class. I was tired but I know I won't be able to sleep.

Colby had a shit ton of movies downloaded on his computer so we were going to watch them together.

We spent the whole eleven hours watching movies. I was so exhausted by the time we landed.

We got off the plane and headed to baggage claim. Even though I was used to Los Angeles time, I've barely had sleep.

As we wait for our bags, Colby orders us an Uber. We grab our luggage and meet up with the Uber.

I can tell how tired Colby is from the dark circles around his eyes. We made small talk with the Uber driver while he drove us to our hotel.

Even though it was midnight, I was looking at everything in awe. We passed Big Ben and it was super lit up.

It was honestly breathtaking. "Is this your first time here?" Our Uber asked. I was so focused on everything, I was speechless.

"I've been here once but it's her first time." Colby spoke up for me. I couldn't believe I was actually here.

I can't wait to see everything during the day. When he gets to the hotel, we thank the Uber.

We walk inside the hotel and it was beautiful inside. You can tell how nicely decorated it is.

I follow Colby to the receptionist desk so we can check in. "How can I help you two?" The lady asked when we went up to the desk.

"Yes, I have a reservation in the one bedroom suite." I didn't know he was getting a suite.

"What's the name?" She asked looking at her computer. "Colby Brock." He spelt out his last name for her.

She typed it out and flashed us a smile. "Yes, here are your keys. I hope you enjoy your stay here." We thank her as we grab the keys.

She told us we were on the sixth floor. We go to the elevator and ride to our floor.

I try to stop myself from yawning but I couldn't help it. "We're almost there baby." He promised.

We get to the floor and head to our room. When I walk in, I was speechless all over. It was gorgeous.

We walked in to a living room with a giant window. To our left was a kitchen and apparently it had a bathroom, with a shower, and a bedroom.

I was ready to go to sleep but I wanted to look around. "So, what do you think?" Colby asked.

I could hear the tiredness in his voice. "I love it. I mean, it's beautiful." I tell him with awe in my voice.

We sit the bags in the bedroom and I look out the window.

You can see the river and Big Ben from a distance. You can see the London Eye too, which looked good.

As I looked out the window, I felt Colby wrap his arms around me.

"Thank you for this, it's amazing." I thank him as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"No, thank you for encouraging me to come out here." He kissed my cheek, leaving it linger.

This trip was going to be amazing.