Chapter 18 - Phil Is Not On Fire

Chapter 18

24th October 2009

Dan's POV

There's something about waking up in someone's room that seems almost adventurous. Being in the unknown and pondering about what lies ahead. Not being greeted with the familiar faces of your family serving you bacon and eggs; but being greeted with somewhat almost strangers who judge you as you silently sip your hot chocolate. Knowing that they'll talk about you as soon as you leave saying how quiet you are.

Not that i'm complaining, but it'd be nice to wake up without the lump of nerves placed at the back of my throat as I slowly munch on my cheerios. I notice Phil glancing up at me every time I half heartedly answer generic questions from his parents. He's always checking if I feel comfortable or if any of my anxiety is rising. You'd think in the environment I'm in, it would; yet I feel oddly calm here (minus that of the nervous mornings of course). Phil's mother is lovely, she constantly offers me food to which Phil's dad jokes about her trying to fatten me up to eat me, to which she simply laughs saying "I'm vegetarian you dumb ass." The family welcomed me as though I was already apart of them and I couldn't of asked for anything better.

Since that night, Phil took my thoughts in to consideration and hasn't tried anything on with me. However I still can't help but blush when he cheekily winks at me whenever his parents compliment me. My heart will still beat at a hundred miles an hour whenever I feel his hand brush against mine when we both reach for the popcorn during our midnight movie feasts. I still catch my breathe whenever he walks into his bedroom (well our's considering I'm sharing it with him) after a shower wearing only a towel wrapped around his waist and a smile will slightly appear on my lips whenever I catch him glimpsing down at them. It's as though my body doesn't agree with my thought process. If you want to get all mushy and romantic then I guess my heart is telling me to listen to it rather than my head.

Yet I can't help get my head working whenever I feel my body taking over and wanting to lean in closer to him as we sit on the small sofa in the living room. I have to remind myself of what it was I said to him. Remind myself that I want a lifetime friend rather than a holiday romance. But then I contradict myself, taking in the way Phil persisted to me that he would never do that. Saying that if I did decide to take it further than he wouldn't rest until it sunk into me that he wasn't leaving me. Ever. My mind is just a huge debate between the smart thing to do and the true thing I want to do.

"Dan?" Phil's voice echoes across from the other bed. I glance up from my copy of 'Animal Farm' I was reading whilst he was getting dress; trying my best not to look at his defined hips that had a small mole on his left side, as he strolled around the room looking for a t-shirt. I might have failed slightly with that mission. Now he sits on his bead, studying me almost.

"Yeah Phil?" I meet a pair of shinning blue eyes looking over at me with interest.

"Film a video with me." he states bluntly.

"No." I state back, equally blunt.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want people seeing me online."

"But you made the introduction video?"

I roll my eyes, "Yeah. Because you practically forced me to."

Phil stands up and slowly walks over to me. Stopping at the point where if I was to look straight, I'd be looking at his stomach. He looks down at me, takes the book out of my hands and bends down so he's at my eye level. "What if I was to force you again?" he smirks at me causing a blush to slowly creep over my cheeks.

"I-I-I..." Words don't form for the moments I'm looking into the deep blue orbs in front of me. It's as though my mind is fully focused on them and only them. Taking over my mind in was a hypnosis does to one of their victims.