Chapter 6 - Skype Can Be Useful

Chapter 6

Dan's POV

August 16th 2009 (early morning)

I just stared at the message flashing at the bottom of my screen. He was calling me, he was actually calling me. FUCK! Phil Lester, aka amazingphil was trying to Skype me! But what was I doing? I was sat here staring at the screen with my jaw almost hitting the floor, wide eyes not blinking and completely unable to move. My mind was screaming at me to just answer it but yet my pathetic excuse of a body was refusing to move!

I was internally hitting myself for not being able to move; now was not the time to fangirl! My eyes were starting to get teary from the frustration going on in my body and the fact I wasn't blinking didn't help. My brain was on fire from the anger I was feeling towards myself. My body started to shake from the frustration so I managed to gain control of my hand and slap myself in the face. "Snap out of it Dan! You're being stupid! He's just a person; it's not like he'll hate you! You have been talking for the past three months. JUST ANSWER THE BLOODY CALL!!"

The noise of Phil trying to call me suddenly cut off. He'd hung up. This was the point my body finally decided to do what I wanted. I could feel the pang of guilt rush through me; I said I'd only be a Skype call away and would always answer him. I didn't know what to do! I could try Skyping him back but there's more than one Phil Lester in this world and I never saw what his picture was! I started to get tears in my eyes; I had missed my chance. I hadn't kept my promise; I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't try again.

I slammed my laptops lid and placed my head in my hands. How could I have been so stupid? Why didn't I just frickin answer the call and talk to him rather than have an internal fangirl moment!  I could feel my blood boiling through my body. I'm such an idiot! I can never do anything right; I always go and fuck it up!

A ding noise came from my laptop at the other end of my bed. I lunged towards it hoping I was being proven wrong about me fucking it up; I lifted the lid at such a force I'm surprised it didn't snap off. Appearing in the bottom right of my screen appeared the same message again;

Skype Call: Phil Lester is Calling You

I stared at my screen and thanked the gods above that he had tried again. This time I had a little more control over my body and knew exactly what I was going to do. Before I clicked the 'Answer' button I turned my laptop around. I didn't want him to see me quite yet; I could have a bit more fun with this.

"Hey Dan! Wait... Dan. You there? Hello?" the thick northern accent of Phil filled my room; he sounded exactly how he does in all his videos. A smile spread across my face, he was real. I knew it! However I didn't want to ruin the surprise of him seeing my face for the first time. I slowly moved the laptop round a little so it was facing to the left of me and was facing my drum kit. "Hey Phil," I whispered, "It's one a.m. and I'd prefer you wouldn't shout since my parents and brother are in bed." I stuck my tongue out afterwards, forgetting that he couldn't see me.

"Oh, sorry," Phil whispered a lot quieter, "I forget you're only nineteen and still living with your parents. Where are you then? I can't see you?"

"I know you can't, I'm doing that on purpose." I teased. I heard him sigh and start to laugh, this guy was brilliant. His quite laughter filled my room making me tingle a little. His laughter was contagious so I joined in to, "Why are we laughing?" I asked.

"Because you've put me through all this torture about seeing your face and when I finally get the guts to call you, not only do you not answer the first time," I felt a small pang of guilt shoot through my heart, "but you also refuse to let me see you."