Chapter 12 - You've Got A Friend

Chapter 12

Dan's POV

October 19th 2009

The moment these five months had been building up to was finally here in my arms and in honest to God. I didn't want to let go.

Phil's arms were wrapped around me in the way he promised; squeezing me so hard it was like he never wanted to let go. I embraced him even stronger as a few tears escaped my eyes. I honestly didn't think this would happen, all the doubts I had were now escaping me with the tears rolling down my cheek. I choked up a little and a smile spread across my face. He lifted his hand and started to rub my back as the few sobs escaped me. I pulled away and looked him directly in the eyes; both were glowing with such happiness it was hard to believe it was because of me. They were like blue lanterns letting out light into the dark world that was my heart; I could simply feel the warmth of his look as a smile spread across my face. He slowly lifted his hand and prodded my cheek, "Nice to see those dimples showing Daniel." I let out a small laugh and pulled him into another bone crushing hug. I could feel a few eyes on us but in all honesty, I couldn't give a flying fuck! I was with the person who makes me the happiest, it was the first time I could actually feel him and it felt as though I had had an explosion of affection escape from my heart. I felt him sigh peacefully as my arms wrapped around him again and that sent goose bumps across my body. I never felt so safe in someone's arms and I didn't want the feeling to go away. Phil began to pull away but I refused to let go, "Dan!" he giggled, elongating the 'a' in my name, "people are staring now. We're also blocking the queue."

"I don't care!" I spoke into his shoulder, "I'm happy just like this and I want this to last forever." I felt him chuckle under my touch as he slowly removed my wrists from around his waist. He placed them down at my sides and looked down at my face. He was a little taller than I was, however I could still rest my chin on his shoulder. I could feel his gaze as he explored my facial features causing my cheeks to turn a slight shade of pink. He let out a little laugh as they did and spoke so quietly he was almost inaudible, "You're very cute when you do that." I just about heard him which caused my cheeks to turn darker.

"Shush now!" I playfully hit him in the arm as he laughed a little more, "Now come on. I want to properly greet you without being interrupted by impatient coffee addicts." I glanced over to the tall business man behind who was rolling his eyes and glancing at his watch.

Phil suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the small crowd that was standing by the entrance of the shop. I could feel my pulse rushing slightly as I felt the warmth of his hand around my wrist. They were slightly sweaty from nerves but that just made it sweeter. He pulled me through successfully, his grip did fasten more as the door started to close in front of us but he just moved a little faster, managing to get us through in time. We stood outside with slight pants of breath and smiles on our faces. "Sorry I surprised you like that." Phil breathed out after each pant, "I just didn't want to lose you after I'd just found you."

I smiled as his cheeks expanded into a larger grin. I looked down at my wrist to still find Phil's hand gently wrapped around it. Phil slowly followed my gaze to realise what I was looking at and quickly pulled away, "Oh, sorry!" I saw him look away and his cheeks burn slightly, he almost looked ashamed of himself. I grabbed his wrist and held it. "Hey." I spoke quietly, "its ok." I let go of his wrist slowly as he grinned at me.

"I honestly can't believe you're here Dan." He let out a small giggle, "Like you're real! Here in the flesh!" He prodded my dimple as I laughed at his excitement, "And those are even bigger and cuter in person!" I laughed even more as he pulled me into another hug, "You're real, you're real..." he whispered slowly to himself as his arms hung loosely around me.