Chapter 4 - Chris Confesses

Chapter 4

Dan's POV

August 15th 2009

It has been exactly two months since Phil and I had started talking and we were now talking every day. We had yet to Skype each other but that was hopefully going to change. Within the first month of talking to each other I had already told Phil more things about my personal life and my feelings on things than I had anyone else, including Chris and Emma. He knew about the bullying I had to put up with, he knew about the small time in my life where I suffered with depression and finally he knew that I considered him a close friend. He was so easy to talk to and just so kind, I felt like I had a true friend, although I have never seen his face, except his YouTube videos. He told me within the first few days of talking to him about the tough time, midlife crisis type thing he was currently in and I must say I was surprised when he told me. First of all I hadn't expected him to be so lonely, I thought YouTubers had lots of friends and all knew each other... but the thing I was most surprised about was that he had decided to tell me over everyone he knew. We'd only been talking for six days and he chose to console me in one of his secrets.

I definitely now classed him as one of my closest friends.

Phil was now back at University until the end of August to finish off his final project because he was nowhere near finished and it was due in at the end of the month. Unfortunately we'd decided last night that we would only talk if it was a true desperation because Phil kept 'complaining' that I was distracting him from being productive. I wasn't happy to not talk to him because he was the only person I'd talked to over the last month and I'm pretty sure Emma and Chris had given up trying to talk to me... but I knew how much Phil wanted to finish uni with amazing grade so I sadly agreed. Although that didn't stop us from messaging each other until the early hours of the morning that night.

I was now sitting on my bed and didn't know what to do with myself, I'd already watched all the videos I'd missed in my subscription box so I was now extremely bored. I looked around my room, band posters were hanging off the wall by the skim of blue tack, my drums were messed up and out of place, my keyboard had fallen down from its upright position against the wall and my clothes were scattered around my bedroom floor. I think it was about time I did a tidy up.

I swung my legs off my bed and pushed myself up. I started with the posters since they were probably my pride and joy in my room. They were only along one wall but they pretty much took up the entire quantity of it. A variety of musicians were up there, including My Chemical Romance, Arcade Fire, Sum 41, All Time Low, Paramore, Radiohead, Fall Out Boy, you get the idea, there were hundreds of them; but my biggest favourite had to be my large framed signed poster from Muse that showed all their previous album and single artworks up until their recent one. It was truly beautiful and a huge deal when I got it for my birthday, I think I literally screamed the house down. I know I woke the neighbours; that was for sure...especially when Mrs. Johnson knocked on the door five minutes later asking who'd been killed. As I dusted the dust off each and every single poster; I reapplied some more blue tack to them as well.

Once that was over I moved onto rearranging my drum kit so it was how I usually had it set up before I played them. I hadn't played my drums in a fair while so I decided to play them after I'd finished tidying up. Next I moved onto my clothes that were spread across the floor so much you couldn't even see the carpet underneath. I never was good at being organised also I was so lazy that I never bothered to put my clothes back after wearing them and would just dump them on the floor; not such a good idea when I had to get up early and get out the house quickly the next day but first had to spent twenty minutes trying to find a t-shirt and jeans that matched through the pile of clothes I had on the floor in front of my bed. I picked up the pile of clothes and placed them on my bed. Next I ran downstairs into the garage to collect some hangers that I needed. I didn't like the garage it was full to the brim of complete rubbish we didn't need anymore; you also had a ninety percent chance of treading on some sort of old toy from mine and Joe's childhood and having to get it surgically removed from your foot... which was not pleasant. Luckily I successfully escaped this time without injuries and with a large bag full of hangers to hang up my clothes.