Chapter 20 - See You Soon

Chapter 20

26th October 2009

Dan's POV

The day had come that nobody wanted. I was leaving Phil after the most perfect week anyone could have asked for. It was an emotional roller coaster definitely, what with unexpected turns and seventy feet drops, but it was all worth it. I was leaving with a racing heart and adrenaline still flowing through my veins. I was still wanting more and that meant I wasn't letting go of Phil anytime soon.

Saying goodbye to his parents at their front door had both me and them in tears as his mother crushed me in a bone shattering hug. Refusing to let go as she continuously sobbed for me to "come back tomorrow! You're practically apart of the family now." She had no idea about what had happened between me and Phil over the last week, but she could see that simply my presence being in the house made Phil a much more lively character. Wow that sounded big headed...

Waving from the taxi window (yes, Phil had forgot he drove to Manchester to meet me originally and got us a taxi home that night. He was driving it home today after I was dropped off at the station. It wasn't until two days into my stay did he realise; he was planning to take me to the mores a few miles from his home and suddenly realised the driveway was bare of his Toyota Aygo. How the boys head stays attached to him, I don't know...). Phil placed his hand in my free one as I continued to wave to his parents as we started to pull away from the house. Gently, he wiped away the tear that had managed to escape and roll down my cheek.

"It's ok." He whispered. "You'll see them again soon."

I sniff, "Yeah. But how long is soon?"

He shrugged a little, a sad smile as he looked up at me, "Soon."

The rest of the car journey was silent. Neither of us wanting to think about what was happening once we reached our destination. Both of us glancing out of each window, watching as the crowds of people grew thicker the deeper into the city we drove. My body tingling with the anticipation of having to squeeze through them later to reach my train platform. I let out a shudder causing Phil to think it's due to the air con blowing through the vents, so he simply scoots over to my side of the car and wraps his arms around me like a human shawl.

"I can ask him to turn it down if you want." He offered.

"I'll survive." I mutter as I continue to look out the window. Soaking in what it feels like to have Phil physical touching me. It was probably going to be a long time until I felt this again.

I mentally slapped myself for thinking like that and tried to focus on the positive side of the situation. My parents now knew who Phil was after I finally built up the guts to tell them yesterday (by that I meant they Skyped me whilst I was in Phil's room and kept asking about why Chris wasn't there meaning in the end I had no choice but to tell the truth. Well half as I never said I was staying with Phil or that I might be in a 'more than a friend' relationship with him). They seemed nervy at first but after the half hour session they had speaking with him and his smiley personality, he was quickly accepted.

Phil just seemed to absorb affection. Even walking through town, you can see people turning their heads to admire him. He walks with a smile on his face and a spring in his step. It's hard to understand why he chose to stick around with me; the negative, depressing teen who doesn't take much care of other people's emotions. Yet, I'm incredibly glad he did choose me. I've certainly improved as a human since meeting him. I notice the smaller charms now. For instance, instead of grimacing and cringing at couple performing displays of affection in public, I smile and feel a warmth as I know what it feels like to be so connected to another person.