Chapter 14 - Interrupted By Fireworks

Chapter 14

Dan's POV

19th October 2009

"Phiiiiilllllllll" I sulked as we left the library, the wind hitting my cold face and I pulled up the zip on my hoodie that I pulled out from my backpack, "Why do we have to leave this place? I want to stay here forever!" I bashed my head on Phil's shoulder stopping suddenly causing him to freeze too and pat my head.

"There there Dan," he giggled, giving my hair a little ruffle, "We'll be back soon. I promise. You'll be here again in no time; it's my favourite place after all." He gave a small smile as I look up into his eyes.

They'll never fail to amaze me, so deep and pure. A sparkle appearing whenever he found himself looking at something that made him happy. A sparkle that was similar to the one he had now.

"Promise?" I gave him my interpretation of a 'puppy dog' look.

He smiled and laughed at my attempt, "Promise."

I felt him hesitate before he brushed his hand against mine, I smiled sweetly at him before clasping our hands together with our fingers entwined with each other. "Is it weird that I like the feel of your hands in mine?" I whispered as I held our free hands together too. I glanced up at Phil to find him smiling down at our hands, his eyes gleaming, "I just feel so safe when I'm in your grasp."

I let out a small laugh as he bought one of our sets of hands and kissed the back of my own. "Well monsieur, I promise to keep you safe whilst you're in the dangerous land of Manchester." He gave me a small wink and stuck his tongue out.

Laughing, I let go of our hands and playfully hit him, "Haha! Funny!" I folded my arms across my chest and raised an eyebrow towards him, "I can easily handle being alone here. You're just a map tis all."

Phil let out a small sarcastic gasp, "Huh! Is that all I am to you? A simple GPS system?"

"Well I was thinking more along the lines of a map book, but sure."

"Dan." he turned away from me and pretended to sulk, "I am deeply offended by your remark."

"You're the one who basically called me a wuss! I'm the one who's offended here."

"So, we're even?" Phil turned his head to face me, a small smirk on his face.

"I guess..." I spoke slowly as my suspicion rose, "I feel mine was a little worse offence but I can forgive you since I'm a better human."

He chose to ignore my remark as he fully turned his body and walked slowly back towards me, the smirk still placed on his lips as he tried his best to not make eye contact with me. "So I'm forgiven?" he said so quietly I almost didn't hear him.

"Hmmm..." I placed my finger on my lips and looked into the distance dramatically, "I guess I can forgive you this time."

The second the words leave my lips Phil practically pounces on me, lifts me over his shoulder and spins the pair of us. I squeal and hit Phil's back trying to get him to put me down. He simply laughs as he speeds up his turns, I start to laugh along too and in the end stretch my arms out shouting "I'm flying Jack! I'm flying!"

He eventually slows down and gently places me back on my feet, making sure I have my balance before letting me go. "Who is this Jack you speak of? I'm the one who was making you fly, duh!" He places his hands on my hips to stop me from toppling over and pulls a stupid face at me.

"I was quoting Titanic dummy." I stuck my tongue out at Phil, well at least one of the three Phil's that were currently circling around me.

The one in the middle laughs, "I know, I know. You ok Dan?"