Chapter 5 - Goodbye For Now Featuring Feet

Chapter 5

Phil's POV

August 14th 2009 (the day before)

I was still feeling depressed from last night.

During all day yesterday I was 'filming' my music video for my university project that was due in at the end of the month. Alex and most of my other classmates had already completed their projects and didn't want to be in anymore stress due to having to worry about featuring in mine. That left me alone.

I sat at my desk and stared down at the blank storyboards that were waiting to be filled. How was I supposed to create a whole music video by myself with no help and no inspiration? I had the creative mind of an acorn and when an idea did come to my head it was usually childish and stupid. Why couldn't I be like every other twenty three year old in the universe and just have done a 'normal' degree in history or something. Filming and Media is so difficult when you have no imagination.

I sunk my head onto the desk and waited for an idea to hit me in face, of course nothing came but I could feel myself growing tired already; it's ten in the morning! I left my room and headed down to the kitchen to grab some coffee before I collapsed from exhaustion. It was so strange to see the house so bare and empty. To help me keep focus on my project I had decided to stay in my old university dorm house for a couple of weeks, problem was no one else was here now and were all back at their parents or moved on to get their own house, I was the idiot who had left his biggest project until the last minute. I had two weeks to complete it and I had done literally nothing. I had finalised two songs but that was literally it.

The beep from the coffee machine echoed around the baron house allowing me to realise how alone I was. I sighed and dragged my body back into my bedroom, my computer screen was blaring a light out showing me I had a message, I smiled knowing who it would be; I pulled over my desk chair so I could get comfy before typing out to Dan.

Dan: Phiiiiiiillllllll!!!!

Me: What you dingus?

Dan: Nothing I was bored and just wanted to say hey! :D

Me: Dan, you know I'm working on a project for uni that I'm already behind on

As much as I enjoyed talking to Dan I knew I had to get things done, but he was pretty awesome and claimed he enjoyed my company, which was a first. He was actually a pretty decent guy, even for a nineteen year old. He was mature for his age, he knew the world wasn't all sunshine and smiles like most his age. He had been through a pretty rough childhood but he still always looked on the bright side of a situation and always cheered me up when I was feeling down.

Dan: I know... I'm sorry; do you want me to go? 

 Me: No, its fine, you can stay for a bit  :)

We went on to talk about random stuff, like the latest Pokémon game to how his results were from his exam for his final year of sixth form. He'd done well! All A's and B's which allowed him to apply and get a space at literally any university he wanted.

Dan: I was thinking Manchester University... you'll live close by so I may be able to see you in the flesh since you'll be out of York Uni by then, plus I heard their Law course is pretty good....

Me: Ha-ha! Dan don't base your future education because I live close by  ;)  Why you doing Law though? I thought you wanted to do filming and drama to get a job in the media?