Chapter 23 - We'll Probably Die On The Tube

Chapter 23

31st October 2009

Phil's POV

You know how people say that distance sucks? Like the fact that friends live a certain long distance away and you have to prepare yourself for the journey to see them.

Well I've come to the conclusion that it isn't the actual distance itself, that sucks, because well you can make a day of that. Pack some little snacks, find the perfect music playlist; plus the fact that if distance didn't exist then the world we live in would have no such thing as personal space and we would all live in a land similar to that of a messed up game of Tetris.

Anyway, distance isn't the enemy here. It's the cost it is to travel it. For instance if it didn't cost me twenty pounds to get to Manchester station via taxi, it didn't cost me seventy pounds to get a return ticket to London and back and it didn't cost me money to stay the night in a crappy Premier Inn then I'd certainly be travelling distances more often.

Even now as I sit in my hotel room watching Freeview on an outdated TV with the leaflet portraying Lenny Henry's face sitting on the side table next to my bed; all I can think is how I'd do this all the time if it meant I could see Dan. The only issue holding me back from doing so is the large dent I've now made in my bank account in order to do it.

But Dan is worth all of it.

Throughout my train journey all I'd been doing is flicking between my music and the texts Dan and I had been sending to one another, most of which being him panicking over his costume being crap or worrying he had the wrong Premier Inn. It had entertained me definitely but it had also made me realise that despite only being separated for only a week or so, I already missed him horrendously.

Somehow he's now just become apart of me and the time we're not talking on Skype or actually together, it genuinely feels like something missing in my life. And that's so fucking cheesy! But it's true all the same... Dan Howell was now apart of my life.

It was the excited knocks that were wrapping on my door that woke me up from the daydream I seemed to have found myself in. Swiftly jumping off my bed, I sprinted to the door and opened it with open arms knowing full well who would be there.

Fortunately for me I wasn't wrong and it wasn't a surprised maid who was checking if I wanted room service. Instead I felt a body collide against mine as it wrapped its arms tightly around my waist.

Dan clung on to me with all his might as I felt my body fall backwards from the force he hit me with. The pair of us collapsed and landed into a pile of giggles, Dan clinging at my t-shirt and hid his head over my shoulder. His breathe from his laughter gently tickling my neck.

"So you happy to see me then?" I laughed as he lifted his head up so it was only a few centimetres away from my own. I gently brushed his fringe out of his eyes as he lowered face and gently pressed his lips to mine in a shy kiss. It was gentle and timid but it still made my heart bounce around my chest.

He pulled away and blushed down to me, "Yeah. I am." He smiled and clambered off me, allowing myself to pull my body up so I was sitting across from him. "I could feel your heart beating then by the way." Dan smirked at me, "You obviously missed me too then."

"Na I was glad you'd gone." I winked at him before leaning in a kissing him again in an equally shy kiss. I smiled as I hear him sigh against my lips.

"Come on." I speak up as we pull away from one another, "We're meeting the others at three. And we still need to get into our costumes."

"Yeah..." Dan spoke quietly, "Why do we need to be in costumes this early? Aren't we going to look strange wandering round London all dressed up like a bunch of six year olds."