Chapter 19 - Why Do People Close Their Eyes When They Kiss?

Chapter 19

24th October 2009

Phil's POV

I don't even know what came over me. One second we were laughing and joking for the video. The next second I'd tackled Dan to the ground and our bodies collided to the ground with me practically laying on top of him, my arms placed on the floor either side of his shoulders, only just about able to hold me up.

I glance down to Dan to see a look of shock in his eyes yet theres a hint of a smile placed on his lips. Suddenly I feel a shiver around my waist and notice that Dan's arm had managed be moved so it is wrapped around me in a tight grip. Feeling the warmth rush to my cheeks I try to forget the feeling of it there and try to focus on Dan's face only a few millimetres from my own.

I let out a tiny grin, noting that my tongue is poking out slightly (why does it do that? No one else's does that?).

Dan's cheeks start to get a little rosy and I notice him gently pulling at his own lip with his teeth (holy crap that's hot...).

"Kiss me." A gentle voice rises from Dan. So quiet that I'm pretty sure I dreamt it.

"What?" I reply, unable to accept that what I'd heard wasn't a dream.

"Phil." Dan speaks with a much lighter tone, only this time there's a lot more confidence behind it, "I want you to kiss me."

Ok, that definitely wasn't a dream.

I don't know how to react. I know what I'm suppose to do, my body just can't seem to match up with what my brain is telling it to do. It's like there's an argument between my brain and body of who's in charge.

This could be a trick. A small voice speaks from the back of my mind. This could all be a massive thing he's pulling on you to test your control.

I try to not verbally tell my mind to shut up. But it could be right. What if he is testing my willpower against trying to make this friendship go further. I don't want to risk it. If I do this and it is actually a massive test, then I'll either a) fucked it up then and there or b) broken the trust again and would have to start back at square one with the friendship thing.

But then again, what if it is real? What if he did come to the same conclusion as me and realised that between us, there was always more than a friendship. We were destined to meet, what if we were destined to become more? If I reject this now, I may regret it for eternity. My mind has literal explosions happening around it and I'm unable to even fathom what it is I'm thinking and turn them into words.

Instead I just come out in a jumbled up mess of noises followed by a quiet, "Dan? Are you-"

That is until Dan giggles over me. "Phil just fricken kiss me."

With those words spoken allowed I feel Dan gently pull himself up and collide our lips together with such a force I'm surprise we didn't bash heads. A moment of shock take control of me that makes me panic. My body stiffens as I still lay on top of his lower body parts, all the bloody rushing to my heart as it pulsates rapidly.

However, Dan smiles in the kiss. Gently bringing his hand up to my cheek and stroking it gently, his palms slightly sweaty from nerves but calming all the say. Feeling his smile between my lips allows me to relax.

So he really had changed his mind.

Without pulling away from him, I smile back to him and gently pucker my lips again to meet his in a less subtle way. Dan's lips were soft as silk compared to my chapped ones. It was no more than a deep peck, feeling the breathe coming out of Dan's nose gently touch my skin.