Chapter 15 - The Tales in the Taxi

Chapter 15

14th October 2009

Phil's POV

The stars were out and shining tonight and being able to see them from the Wheel just made them appear that little bit closer. Finding out Dan and I shared another passion, it just made me like him even more. This boy was truly a reason I now found myself smiling again.

As I've said multiple times before, it's because of him I filled the missing part of me that just couldn't give a crap of what I'm doing with my life. Because of him I was now a productive adult, well actually adult was stretching it a bit, but, I could now happily get on with doing the things I love and not give a damn of what people thought of me!

The city streets stretched out below us, all meandering together like a great river, squeezing through narrow bends and traveling great distances until it reached the horizon. It was a beautiful sight, but not as beautiful as the view I had in front of me.

Dan stood with his faced pressed against the window, his eyes wide with excitement as he glanced up to the sky, his fingers crossed and his nose scrunched up as he wished upon the stars.

"You're pretty adorable when you do that."

Shit.

"Adorable when I do what?" Dan turned his head suddenly to face me, an amused look on his face.

Double Shit.

"I um... wasn't suppose to say that out loud." I whispered, praying to God that I wasn't blushing, "But um, yeah. That thing you just did, I presume you were wishing on the stars, well; it was adorable." As much as I tried to control and restrain it, I could feel the warmth growing on my cheeks.

Dan edged closer to me to the point he was standing above me. I felt my heart race a little as I tried to control the colour of my cheeks (failing miserably of course). A smirk was placed on Dan's lips before he quickly bent down and placed a small peck on my cheek. "No. That was adorable." he giggled.

Well if I wasn't blushing before, I certainly was now.

My mind suddenly stopped all trail of thought causing a silence to fall over the carriage. My body was stiff and frozen in place as I tried to form words in my head. Nothing came to mind of course but I didn't want to have a total freak out (physically because it was definitely too late mentally) in front of Dan, who had now sat down next to me, every now and then edging closer. I felt him gently snake his arms around my waist, squeezing slightly, reminding me to breathe. My body relaxed at his touch and I soon melted into his grasp.

The ride suddenly stopped again from what I guessed was us starting to make our decent and people leaving their carriages. However we found ourselves stopped at the top the wheel, the view traveling out below us. People no bigger than insects, the noise of the band no more than a low rumble as the beats of the instruments travelled up into the sky. The stars shinned out more than what I had ever seen in the number of times I'd been up here and well, I couldn't help but think that was because of the person I was seeing them with.

"It's magical isn't it." I spoke quietly, "Earlier we stood on the Earths surface watching the stars wake up for the night and now here we are almost up there with them looking down on the world below." I placed my head on top of Dan's as he rested it on my shoulder, "And I know you prefer the natural stars to the human ones, but you have to admit; the city stars are pretty beautiful. From this point of view you can see the stunning world humanity can create when they're getting along instead of fighting one another."

I had no idea where that came from, but with Dan beside me I found it easier to speak my mind. Anyone else who'd heard the stuff I'd been blabbering on about all day would simply think I'm insane. But I know that Dan would never do such a thing; he's accepting, he's special, he...understands me. Turning to face him slightly, I saw Dan's nose crunch up slightly, I noticed that he does this when he's thinking about important things.