Chapter 24 - Down by the Fountain's Edge

Chapter 24

31st October 2009

Dan's POV

I'll admit, I'm a little jealous watching Phil hug some other guy. I really need to get over myself...

Although, it was funny as the guy practically lifted Phil off the floor in a tight hug; Phil letting out a string of strange noises as the air was pushed out of his lungs. Laughing, the guy placed him on the floor and gently patted his head in a way that resembled a human patting a dog. I held in a laugh as Phil turned a bright red as he looked at me.

"You ok there Phil?" I try to hide my smile as he covers his face.

"Phil!" The guy suddenly shouts out, "You bought a guest and you didn't even tell me? I'm truly offended right now." He rolls his eyes in a jokey manner before holding his hand out for me to shake, "Hello there. Names Gary, YouTuber extrodinare! Although, not a lot know me by my face. More by the little purple puppet my hand is up..."

And that's where it hit me. I knew I recognised the voice, it was just a case of placing it. "Oh!" I let out a humoured expression, "You're the genius behind Cheek TV!"

The guy laughs out, "Indeed I am young man. Names Gary." I shake his hand firmly, "And since Phil has been so bluntly rude here, what's your name?"

"Dan." I blush a little since I was now meeting one of my favourite YouTubers (besides Phil that is).

"Aw bless that's adorable!" Gary glanced at my redden cheeks, "So do you have a channel or have you just tagged along? Cause there's going to be a few big names here that are found on the internet!"

"Oh no, I do have a channel. But I only started about two weeks ago so there's only one video at the moment. In fact, Phil here persuaded me to give it a shot." I give Phil a shy smile as he glances over to me with a small smirk on his lips, "He's been pretty nice to me."

Gary gives a suspicious glance between the two of us and I could practically see the clockworks ticking in his brain, trying to work out if there was something going on between us. Luckily for me he didn't say anything and instead clapped his hand gently on my back, "Well I wish you the best of luck. If Phil here is giving you pointers then you're in good hands." He gives me a small wink before turning to his phone, "For goodness sake where is everyone?"

"Who's actually coming?" Phil questions as he moves a little closer to me and unnoticeably entwines our fingers together out of Gary's sight.

"Oh only a few." Gary keeps glancing around, trying to find familiar faces. "Jack and Dean said they would appear. Charlie wasn't too sure but said he'd try his best. PJ probably and he said he was bringing someone if he did. Paperlillies, John said he would..."

At this moment I'm already trying my best not to turn into a complete and utter fangirl. I was about to meet and hang out with practically all the YouTuber's I was inspired by. I could feel my excitement building through my body and my heart beated a little faster whilst a grin was quickly forming on my face.

Phil must have noticed my excitement because he leant over and whispered in my ear, "Calm down Dan. They're just people." As he pulled away I glared at him as he laughed and winked at me.

I could control myself, what was he on about. It's not like the second I'll see the fringe of Jack Howard and I'll suddenly fall into a mess of tears as I lie on the floor. I wasn't that bad...

Now if I thought meeting Phil was a weird experience, then I obviously didn't think about traveling through London surrounded by my favourite YouTube stars whilst we're all dressed in Halloween costumes. Watching Jack and Dean throw strawberry bon bon's at one another whilst on a busy tube full of serious business men was now currently top on my list of weirdest moments.