20

Third Person POV

And, with that, Chloe was completely humiliated. She always believed that her actions were justified. Not only was she raised with money and status unlike the majority of people in her class, but she couldn't process that everyone left her. She didn't always make it seem like it, but she cared. The two people that she cared about the most were stolen from her. She lost Sabrina and Adrien, and it was all Marinette's fault. 

Instead of participating in the recent school events like the talent show, she sat alone in her room. Chloe found herself alone. "This is all Marinette's fault!" She declares, throwing her pillow across the room. "I hate her so much! If I ever see her again, I'm going to kill her!" 

Once those words left her mouth, she pulled her knees to her chest and started to cry. Not only was she filled with hatred and rage, but there was a newfound sadness dwelling deep within her. She wanted someone to blame, and Marinette was the perfect scapegoat. 

A few seconds later, a butterfly flies into her bracelet. The familiar voice of Hawk Moth echoes in her head and says, "Hello, Chloe. Do you remember me?" Chloe lifts her head from behind her knees, as a smirk forms on her lips. 

"Of course I do, Hawk Moth." 

"Good," he responds. "I am granting you the power to manipulate and control the minds of unknowing people. This'll allow you to have revenge on everyone who has wronged you. In return, I want the miraculouses of the ladybug and cat. Can you do that for me?" 

"I thought you'd never ask. Yes, Hawk Moth."