10

I nervously glance around as a smile curves around my lips. "Kitty, I have to go," I say as he stares deep into my eyes before I look away. "Good bye, Kitty." He winks and I throw my yoyo, heading out of there. I enter the bathroom, detransforming and walking out of there like nothing happened whatsoever.

I rush back into the stadium, standing alongside my mom. I wonder who Cat Noir voted for. Everyone takes out their devices and starts to vote for the next mayor. I watch the election, wondering who was going to be the next mayor.

"You missed seeing Ladybug," mom points out. Cat Noir awkwardly stands behind the candidates, looking around the stadium until he meets my gaze. "But, Cat Noir is still here," she adds.

"Who do you think he voted for?" I question as she shrugs her shoulders. "Maybe, dad? I heard from Ladybug herself that she voted for dad." My mom turns to face me as her eyes widen in astonishment.

"What? She did?" Mom asks excitedly. "Who do we tell?" I shake my head, giving her the expression: no one. She understands soon after that and nods in agreement. After all, if rumors get started about who Cat Noir and I vote for, then Hawk Moth could possibly figure out our identities.

It's been hours, and ten percent of the people haven't even voted yet. This is annoying. Can they 
hurry up a bit? It takes thirty more minutes, but it finally ends. The votes are in, and Nadja has the final tally.

"Okay, voters!" She exclaims. "Check your phones in five minutes, but the mayor is..." Nadja pauses for a moment to create some suspense. "Tom Dupain!" The crowd goes wild as I exchange a shocked look with my mom.

"I guess we need to start packing," my mom murmurs to herself, showing her excitement yet uneasiness. "This is amazing! We can increase the size of the bakery! This means that we'll have even more customers!"

"That's awesome, mom!" I state in a cheerful tone. Out of the corners of my eyes, I notice Chloe. Her arms were crossed in annoyance as she pouts to herself. At the same time, her dad leaves the stage with a surprisingly relieved expression on his face.

"I would like to give thanks to two people that helped me this whole time," dad said. "Marinette, my daughter, and Sabrine, my wife." We join him on the stage, and he wraps his arms around us. "I would like to thank you all," he adds.

Cat Noir sneaks towards me. "Marinette, right?" He whispers as I nod. "I heard the students in your class was going to do a play about Ladybug and I. I'm sorry, but I can't make it. I wish I could, but—I...um, have to be somewhere else. Can you record it, and post it on Alya's blog? Aren't you two friends or something?"

"Of course," I murmur, nodding in his direction. "She's a huge fan of you and Ladybug." A genuine smile forms on his lips before I grab his shoulder and whisper, "Who did you vote for?" His eyes widen in slight surprise as his face softens.

"I voted for your father," Cat Noir answers. He actually voted for my dad? I can't believe it! He voted the exact same way I did. "Ladybug voted for him, and so did I," he adds as I stare at him in astonishment.

"Cat Noir... Thank you so much."