1

As I complete the next album cover for Jagged Stone, I stare at it in astonishment. It looks fantastic. My mom walks into the room, having a bright smile on her face. "Hello, dear," she says kindly. I smile at her as she narrows her eyes at me.

"Hi, mom!"

"Remember the deal we made?" She asks as I furrow my eyebrows in concentration. "The deal was to have a father daughter date night the first Friday of every month." I nod, recalling our conversation about that.

"Okay." I nod. "I will get ready!" I hurry into the closet. I search around my closet, finding a lovely, pink blouse that goes perfectly with a lacy, white skirt. I quickly brush through my hair and find some jewelry before putting some white wedges on.

I hurry downstairs, noticing my mom serving costumers alone. "Where's dad?" I ask. Her lips curve into a smile as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. She takes the croissants out of the oven, turning to face me.

"He's getting ready," she responds. "I can manage for one night." She winks at me, putting the croissants on a cooking sheet. The door creaks open as my dad stands there, having a joyful look on his face.

"Ready to go, sweetie?" He questions. I nod lightly, following him outside. We head to an expensive restaurant that's rumored to have the best food in Paris. Since we're close friends with the owners, they allow us to eat here.

As we sit down, I notice Chloe and Sabrina a few tables away. "We should invite Adrien next time," Sabrina states proudly. "He would love to come out to dinner with you, the prettiest girl in school."

"Of course I'm beautiful!" She exclaims before her father walks into the restaurant and sits at the table. "Well, hello, Daddykins." He smiles, searching around the restaurant until he finds my gaze.

"Marinette, you okay?"

"Yep!" I say before we have a great time. We laugh, talk, and joke around. Unfortunately, it ends. We start to walk away when I hear Chloe's annoying voice. She taps me on the shoulder as I turn around to face her.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Marinette Dupain-Cheng," she says, glaring daggers at me. "My daddy is going to win the next election, and your poor, pathetic dad will be unable to do anything against it."

"What did you say!?" I say angrily, clenching my fists in rage. "Oh, he will—" My dad walks towards me, eyeing Chloe carefully. He successfully keeps his composure but looks extremely annoyed.

"Marinette, let's go."

"Okay."

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out," Chloe mocks. I groan in annoyance, storming away. My dad walks in front of me, walking towards the car. Tikki flies out of my purse, seeming rather tired.

"Much better, Marinette," she murmurs. "Don't give Chloe the time of day." I purse my lips, knowing that I just couldn't let it go this time. I can't allow Chloe the privilege of winning. I need to do something.

Tikki ducks into my purse as I sit in the passenger seat. "Marinette, what are we going to do?" Dad asks, clenching his fists in rage. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, feeling his curious gaze.

"Don't do anything," Tikki whispers to me. "Don't—" I ignore her. I need to make my own mistakes and learn from them. If everything goes as planned, then Chloe will leave me alone once and for all.

"Dad, how about you run for mayor?" I suggest as his eyes widen in shock. "I'm sick of Chloe constantly winning. If they keep winning, then I might do something I'll regret." He studies me as a warm expression appears on his face.

"Don't," he warns. "I'll go back to college to get a political degree and then run for mayor." I cheer in excitement as he smiles halfheartedly. If anything, I cannot wait to see what will happen next.