21

The moment my eyes open, a wave of dizziness washes over me. Not only does my head feel like it is on fire, but the rest of my body is freezing cold. I pull the covers up to my chin, as I start to shiver.

"Marinette, are you okay?"

I look at my worried kwami, who floats right over me. "I-I'm really cold..." I choke out, as she scrunches her brow. "I-I just need more blankets..." Just as I take the covers off of me and get to my feet, my mom barges into the room.

"Honey, it's time for..." Her voice trails off, as she eyes me carefully. "Honey, it doesn't look like you're feeling well." She approaches me and then places her hand on my forehead, as a serious expression forms on her face. "Marinette, you have a fever. I want you to lie down. I will take care of you," she states.

"B-But..."

"I don't want you to worry about a single thing," my mom says softly. "I will contact your teachers and let them know of your condition. Marinette, I just want you to lay down and take it easy for today. Just let me take care of you."

I nod in response and then lay back down, as my mom covers me up. My mom kisses my forehead, before leaving my room. "Tikki..." I murmur, as the kwami hovers over my face. "If there's an Akuma attack, then what am I supposed to do?"

"Marinette, before you can even think about taking care of someone else, you need to take care of yourself first thing," she states. I nod slowly, before my eyes start to close, and I begin to fall fast asleep.

By the time I wake up, the sun is shining into my bedroom. To my own surprise, I was feeling a lot better. Although my head still felt like it was on fire, it wasn't as bad as it was earlier. I push the covers off of me, before sitting up and reaching for my phone. It was 1:35.

I had multiple text messages and calls from different people, which included Alya, Rose, Juleka, Alix, Mylene, Sabrina, and a lot more people. One message stood out to me. It was a text message from Adrien. As soon I saw it, my heart begins fluttering within my chest. I instantly open the message and start to read it:

Hey, Marinette. I heard you weren't feeling that well today. I hope you feel better. If you need anything, please let me know. Now, I'll give you some time to rest. I hope to see you tomorrow at school.

As soon as I finish reading the text message, a warm smile forms on my face. If anything, I cannot wait to see them again. All of a sudden, an akuma alert pops up on my phone, which captures my attention.

"Tikki, there's an akuma!" I state, before getting to my feet. Tikki approaches me, with a nervous look on her face. When I stare into her eyes, they were completely filled with concern. "Marinette, you're not feeling good. Are you sure that you want to do this?" She questions.

I nod lightly. "I really don't have much of a choice," I answer. "As Ladybug, it is my job to save and protect Paris from Hawk Moth. I honestly would love to lie down and get more rest, but as a superhero, I don't have that luxury."

"B-But, Marinette..."

"Tikki, spots on!"

I open my window and then leave my bedroom, before heading straight towards the Eiffel Tower, where the Akumatized victim was currently located. By the time I reach the Eiffel Tower, Cat Noir is fighting an individual that looks exactly like Dabi from My Hero Academia.

Just as the Akumatized victim aims a fiery beam at Cat Noir, I use my yoyo to grab Cat Noir's arm and pull him out of the way. "Cat Noir, what's the situation?" I question, as the said male's eyes seem to light up when seeing me.

"M'lady, it's always a pleasure to see you," he says, as I roll my eyes in annoyance. "Anyways, there was a teenage male going to an anime event. A group of bullies started to make fun of him for his cosplay, and he got angry. Then, he got Akumatized into the character he was cosplaying as."