31

As I walk home from school, a newfound excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. A lot happened today. Not only did I find a new friend group, but the superhero team Master Fu and I set up is working extraordinarily well.

After a few minutes of walking, I return home, where my parents are accompanied by Jagged Stone and his assistant. I stare at them in astonishment, as the four of them turn to me. "Welcome home, honey," my mom says warmly. "How was school today?"

"It was good," I respond, running a hand through my hair. "I made some new friends today and even heard Luka play an enchanting song. It was the most beautiful and touching thing I've ever heard."

"That's so rock n' roll!"

"Speaking of Luka, you both have been invited to perform at Jagged Stone's next concert," his assistant says sharply, holding a notebook in her hands. "We know it's pretty last minute and apologize for any inconvenience, but upon hearing you and Luka perform at the talent show, Jagged Stone wants you to appear as surprise guests for his performance this Friday night."

I raise my eyebrows in astonishment. What?! It's this Friday!? I need to make a new dress! Wait, how am I going to do my hair and makeup?! The assistant, upon seeing my reaction, puts her hand on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down.

"Hey. Don't worry," she states in a reassuring tone. "Because it is so last minute, our designers, hairstylists, and makeup artists will help you get ready. All you have to worry about is showing up at the stadium at ten in the morning."

"Are you sure?"

Jagged Stone grins. "Of course!"

"That's such a relief! Thank you so much!"

"Also," the assistant adds, putting a hand on her hip. "A limo will be sent to come and pick you up." She then looks at my parents. "And if you want to come as well, feel free to jump in. I've instructed all of the crew members to treat you like VIP guests."

"We'd love to!" My dad declares, as his eyes light up. "I can't wait to see my little girl perform again. She did an outstanding job at the talent show, and I've been looking forward to this next concert of yours."

"Me too," my mom states, as a bright smile curves around her lips. "Marinette has always been so talented, and we're so proud of her. We wouldn't miss her very first concert." She then takes a tray of food out of the oven. "Are you staying over for dinner?"

"Maybe next time," the assistant answers, looking over her shoulder at the rockstar. "We have a meeting with Gabriel Agreste in an hour regarding fashion choices during the concert. Thank you so much for the invitation though!"

"We completely understand!" She states, nodding in her direction. "Thank you so much for giving Marinette this opportunity! We'll see you again on Friday!" The assistant shoots her a warm smile, before closing her notebook and resting it at her side.

And with that, Jagged Stone and his assistant leave. I turn to face my parents, as bright grins form on their faces. "That's amazing, Marinette!" My dad declares, approaching me and putting his hand on my shoulder. "We're so proud of you!"

"I agree! We're so excited to see you perform!"

I engulf them in a hug, as a familiar warmth washes over me. After a few seconds, we break away from the hug and start to eat dinner. I munch on the food, thinking about how Friday will turn out. Not only will this be a great opportunity for my career, but I'll be performing with Jagged Stone and Luka. If anything, I couldn't help but look forward to what's about to happen.