23

As I leave school, a newfound excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. Although today was far from perfect, the news I received from Luka outweighed anything bad that happened. Perhaps, by performing with him and Jagged Stone, I will get the chance to meet new people and experience traveling around the world.

Even so, the downside to traveling around the world is my duty as Ladybug. If I leave Paris to perform for millions of people, then I would have to surrender my miraculous to Master Fu. Perhaps, there's a way I can still be Ladybug and perform with Luka and Jagged Stone.

"That's such a great opportunity," says Tikki, who has a genuine smile on her face. "I bet you're excited about performing in front of other people." I look at the kwami, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. Is this really a good idea?

"Tikki, what if I have to travel around the world to perform?" I ask worriedly, feeling her curious stare. "I trust Cat Noir, but I'm nervous about leaving Paris." The kwami purses her lips in concentration, as my heart hammers within my chest.

"If you're having all of these concerns, I think the best option would be to visit the master," she states, as I raise my eyebrows in astonishment. "He would know what to do and how to help you." She meets my gaze. "Besides, you need to return the miraculous of the dragon."

I heave a sigh and nod in her direction. "That's a good idea," I hum, pursing my lips in concentration. "I hope he's not too upset with me for not returning the dragon miraculous right away."

"I think if you just tell him what happened, then he'll understand," Tikki points out. "Everyone gets sick every now and then." I shoot her a warm smile, before turning around and walking towards Master Fu's house.

I cautiously glance around, making sure that nobody was following me. I continue to walk across the city, before stopping at his house. I knock on his door, as the elderly man opens the door. His eyes widen in surprise, as I shift nervously and hope he isn't upset that I didn't return the dragon miraculous sooner.

"Hey, Marinette," he says, beckoning for me to enter his home. I nod in his direction, before following him into the house. He closes the door behind me, as Tikki flies out of my purse and heads into the other room.

I heave a sigh and step into the other room, as my heart hammers within my chest. I take the dragon miraculous out of my purse, before handing it to him. "I'm sorry I didn't return it sooner," I acknowledge, lowering my head in dismay. "I know I shouldn't make excuses, but I wasn't feeling good and went straight home to rest immediately after we defeated the akuma."

"I understand," Master Fu states, as I stare at him with wide eyes. "From the moment I saw you the other day, I instantly could tell you weren't feeling good." He clears his throat. "Besides, your Lucky Charm is there to help you and can tell when you're sick. In other words, the reason it wanted you to use another miraculous to help you stop the akumatized victim was because your body wasn't in good shape."

I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, as a genuine smile curves around my lips. "That's reassuring to hear," I admit, feeling his curious stare. "I'm happy that the Lucky Charm was looking out for me."

"Marinette!" Tikki states, flying towards us. "You need to be honest with him and tell him what happened." Master Fu arches a brow, as I shift nervously and scrunch my brows in concern. I know she wants to help, but I wish she wouldn't have done that.

"What's going on?"

"I'm not sure about all the details yet, but I got an offer to perform with Jagged Stone at one of his upcoming concerts," I respond, as Master Fu stares at me in surprise. "I don't know if I'm going to be performing anywhere else, but I still want to be Ladybug and protect Paris. Is there a way I could do both?"

Master Fu furrows his eyebrows in concentration. "Yes," he admits, as my eyes light up. "When you were sick, you were able to combine the ladybug and dragon miraculouses. In other words, you have the ability to combine miraculouses without it taking a toll on you."

"That's amazing!"

"So, because of that, I will give you the miraculous of the horse," Master Fu states, as my eyes widen in shock. "This miraculous gives you the ability to teleport, but because you're still a minor, you can only use it one time before the timer begins. Even so, you can use this miraculous to teleport back and forth to wherever you want in the world."

"Wow! That's impressive!" I declare, before my face hardens. "What happens if I can't come back? For instance, if I'm performing, I won't be able to stop the performance and return to help. What should we do?"

"Hmmm. You make a fair point," he says, nodding in my direction. "With Hawkmoth growing stronger, I was already planning on handing out a few of the other miraculouses to three exceptional individuals."

"Really?"

"Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if you already knew them," Master Fu comments, as I stare at him in surprise. "Their names are Luka Couffaine, Kagami Tsurugi, and Alix Kubdel. Wayzz and I determined that the snake, dragon, and rabbit miraculouses would be the most useful in our fight against Hawkmoth."

"I didn't know we would be telling anyone else about this, master," Wayzz points out, before flying towards us. "We contemplated who would get each miraculous and what the three of them specialized in. It took a lot of research, but we determined who would receive which miraculous."

Tikki grins. "That's so exciting!"

"Indeed." Master Fu nods in her direction. "When we looked at Luka, he's a kind, intelligent, and fair individual that makes good judgment calls. Because of that, he would be well suited for the snake miraculous." He then clears his throat. "Then, as for Kagami, she is extremely talented, fierce, and stern. She won't back down, but her abilities are impressive and would correlate extremely well with the dragon miraculous." His face hardens. "This last one was one of the easiest. We met the future version of Alix, and she told us to give her past self the bunny miraculous."

"That makes sense," I say, feeling their curious stares. "Truthfully, I have met Luka and Alix, and they are both amazing individuals. I never met Kagami, but I'm looking forward to meeting her. In fact, I can't wait to work with all three of them, Master."

"I'm happy to hear that," he states, meeting my gaze. "I know it's a lot to ask, but may you please deliver the snake and bunny miraculouses to Luka and Alix?" I stare at him in shock, as a warm smile curves around my lips. I can't believe he's trusting me enough to deliver two of the miraculouses to future holders!

"I would love to!" I declare, shooting him a genuine smile. "It's an honor! If you want, I could deliver the dragon miraculous as well!" Master Fu furrows his eyebrows in concentration, as a serious expression appears on his face.

"Are you sure about that?"

I nod. "Of course!" I state, shooting him a toothy grin. "It wouldn't be a problem at all!" He exchanges a look with Wayzz, before turning and walking towards the miraculous box. Master Fu takes out the horse, dragon, snake, and rabbit miraculouses, before handing them to me.

"Be careful, and don't let anything happen to those miraculouses," Master Fu warns, having a serious expression on his face. "Wayzz, please go with them and make sure they find Kagami, Luka, and Alix."

"Of course, Master."

"Good luck."

I nod in his direction, before putting the three miraculouses in my purse. Wayzz and Tikki fly into my purse as well, as a newfound determination washes over me. Although this battle against Hawkmoth started off with Cat Noir and me, it has become even bigger than us. And with that, we leave Master Fu's home.