5

"Adrien Agreste?" She repeats as a gasp escapes her lips. "No, you can't have him. With all due respect, I am very loyal to my best friend." Me? Oh Alya...! I sigh, nodding lightly. Tell her the truth.

"Please bring me down," she instructs as I pick her up and carry her to the ground. "We will be friends, but I am loyal to Marinette." A smile curves on my lips before I step away from her and hurry away.

The next day, I find myself in short, white shorts with a pink crop top. My hair is down, and I wear cute, white sandals. "Hey, Alya!" I say cheerfully. Her eyes widen in astonishment as she carefully examines my outfit.

"Wow! Your style changed completely," she says in amazement. "It looks so great! Can you give me a makeover over sometime? Your art skills are helping your outfit making so much!" Out of the corners of my eyes, I notice Adrien as a blush creeps on my cheeks.

"Girl, you should already know what happened," Alya states excitedly as I tilt my head to the side in confusion. If she's talking about last night, then of course I know about it. "Um, what happened?" I ask innocently.

"Ladybug and I are friends!" She cheered excitedly. "And... Ladybug likes Adrien and Cat Noir." Cat Noir. He's sweet, kind, and gentle. In some aspects, he reminds me so much of Adrien. My heart flutters thinking about the superhero in the black leather suit and dazzling, emerald eyes. At the same time, my heart is torn. While my feelings for him are growing, my feelings for Adrien are still tremendous.

"Cat Noir..." I murmur to myself, being deep in concentration. "Adrien..." A smirk forms on Alya's face as she furrows her eyebrows. I gasp in shock, feeling my cheeks flush in embarrassment before looking away.

"You like both of them, don't you?" She states confidently. All of a sudden, Adrien and Nino approach us, having huge smiles on their faces. Alya pushes me towards Adrien as I slam into him. Fortunately for me, he catches me in his arms.

"Um... hi, Adrien," I say nervously. He smiles softly, staring into my bluebell eyes. I gaze into his familiar, green eyes as my heart furiously beats me in my chest. I've never looked at him this closely before, I think to myself.

"I have an idea on how we could fundraise money for the school," Adrien says in a genuine tone. "We could do a Ladybug and Cat Noir themed show. And, we could even invite them to the school."

"That sounds like so much fun!" I cheer, staring at him in pure amazement. "So..." My voice trails off as an anxious expression appears on my face. Act like he is Cat Noir. "When do you want to do it, Kitt...?"

His cheeks turn bright red. "K-Kitty?" He asks abruptly as I realize my mistake. "Or maybe we could make a play about Ladybug and Cat Noir." I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, feeling his curious stare.

"Sounds great!" I say, looking over at Alya. She nods in my direction as we say good bye to the guys and head to our next class. "I actually talked to him!" I state excitedly, clapping my hands together.

"You called him Kitty," she points out. "And, he actually liked it." He liked it? "Adrien might be Cat Noir." Cat Noir and Adrien... the same person? I'm in heaven. If they're the same person, I wouldn't have any complaints.

"Uh... yeah." I say sheepishly. "We need to ask the principal if we can do a play for the school to raise money." Alya nods lightly before we hurry to the principal's office, finding Adrien and Nino there with the door open.

"A-Adrien?" I say, peering at him in surprise. The principal sits in his chair, but something was off. They had pallor complexions with blank gazes in their eyes. A chill races down my spinal cord as I purse my lips.

"We need to get out of here," Alya warns, nervously glancing around the room. "Something is definitely here." I hold my breath, trying to remain perfectly calm. I shake my head no, knowing that this ominous presence must be caused by an akuma.

"Not something," I state. "Someone." I have to protect Alya. Sorry, Tikki. "Alya, we need to get out of here." She nods in agreement before sprinting out of the room. I follow closely behind her as we enter the first classroom.

"You're late!" The teacher scolds, eyeing us carefully. "You can't just barge in here!" I meet his stern gaze, being out of breath. Alya leans against the wall, having a serious expression on her face.

"Everyone is in danger," I announce. "Something happened to Adrien, Nino, and the principal." He gasps. "Sir, please get everyone out of the school. Alya and I will tell each classroom and go from there."

"Okay," he says. "I can't say no. You sound so determined." We run to every classroom, informing the teachers of our current predicament. Soon, all of the students and staff were out of the school.

"Alya, go home," I say sharply. "I will catch up with you later." She nods, hurrying away. Within a few seconds, I hear her scream. My eyes widen in horror as I turn the corner and stare at her. Her eyes turn a dark red, and her skin turns pale.

"Tikki..." I murmur. The kwami follows right behind me as tears form in my eyes. Tikki gives me a small hug as I run a hand through my hair. I hate seeing Alya, Nino, and Adrien as victims of an akumatized victim.

"I know, Marinette," Tikki says sweetly. "It's hard and never gets easier, but you need to transform and save everyone." I nod, intently staring at Alya's lifeless figure and knowing that I have to rescue everyone once again.

"Tikki, spots on."