13

Since there will be a limited amount of time for that night, only fifteen acts can be performed. It was only the first day, and the line for auditions felt endless. I want to be in it so badly. The majority of students formed groups; with one group having ten people while a few others have three people.

I was currently waiting in line. Because they wanted to give everyone a chance, no one has been accepted yet. The results would officially be decided on Thursday. Out of the corners of my eyes, I notice some people dancing horribly, which causes me to cringe.

I cover my eyes as many of them attempt to do the whip and the nae nae. Some of them were dabbing and even trying to do the drop. If I didn't know better, I would of wished for my eyes to come off. It was a terrible thing to witness.

Not a single person was good. That's a major understatement. No one in my class went except Max and Nathaniel. Max took out some tools and made a bracelet within a few minutes. This bracelet was able to create a hologram, which was absolutely amazing. As for Nathaniel, he drew a gorgeous picture of the Eiffel Tower.

Alya meets me in line. "Oh, so you're doing the talent show, girl?" She challenges. I raise an eyebrow and nod in delight as a smile curves around her lips. "You got this. Do your best," she states.

"Thanks," I say with a confident yet excited grin. "Wish me luck." She nods, hurrying off. In my head, I was already planning on singing. This song makes me want to hang around Adrien and Cat Noir even more.

"Finally, Marinette Dupain Cheng," the principal states as I walk into the room. "So, what are you planning on doing for us, Marinette?" I exhale sharply, feeling Ms. Bustier's tired yet curious gaze.

"I'm singing."

"What are you singing?"

"O-Oh... Right!" I stammer nervously as my heart hammers within my chest. "I'm singing Soldier." The principal eyes me carefully as Ms. Bustier stares at me in amazement. I run a hand through my hair before starting to sing.

Once it was over, they stand up in applause. "Marinette, you sang it from the heart," Ms. Bustier says with tears in her eyes. "It was lovely, and we would be honored if you would sing for us in the talent show."

"I would love to!" I exclaim cheerfully before walking out of the room. As I close the door behind me, Tikki appears. "Hey, Tikki. It's been forever, hasn't it?" The kwami positions herself in front of my face as she smiles.

"Yes, Marinette," Tikki states. "I'm so proud of you. You did a great job!" I blush and then shrug my shoulders. Maybe, it was a great performance. Even so, it felt absolutely amazing to express myself like that.

As I rush to the room, it comes to my attention that I completely forgot to start. Once I enter the room, to my surprise, everything was finished. "What!?" I say with wide eyes. "I am so sorry! I made all of you guys work while I tried out for the talent show!"

Nathaniel chuckles to himself. "Don't worry about it, Marinette," he says in a reassuring tone. "You have been super busy, and we decided to help you finish it off." Tears form in my eyes as I smile gratefully.

"Thank you so much!" I state in pure relief. "Can we go get some ice cream? It'll be on me." All of them burst out laughing as I anxiously scratch the back of my head. Rose and Juleka stand on both sides of me with smiles on their faces.

"No way!" Rose says. "We couldn't do that to you. Our friendship isn't based on favors. If we do something for you, you don't have to worry about repaying us. That's just what friends do." A warmth forms in the pit of my stomach as I stare at them in amazement. Right then, I could never of been more thankful.