3

Once the introductions were complete, silence fills the stadium. My dad remains perfectly still, being deep in thought. "Hello, everyone," he proclaims, placing his hands on the podium. "As you all know, I am very new to this experience, and would love to thank my daughter, Marinette for helping me come up with this idea."

Aww. He thanks me for it! How sweet! "While she prefers to remain behind the scenes, it was Marinette's idea for me to run for mayor," he states proudly. "Anyways, let's get to the important stuff, right?" Dad chuckles nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"Ugh. This is lame," Chloe groans as I roll my eyes in annoyance. How pathetic can she be? "Well, at least Ladybug and Cat Noir are here. They will definitely vote my for my daddy." I bite my lip, trying not to laugh.

She's completely wrong. "I want to help this city," dad states. "I want to improve it and make everyone feel as if they are equals." Great job, dad. "I know this will be the first event on stage, or whatever, but if I get elected mayor, I will make fair laws and focus on creating more jobs along with a better education system for children and teens."

"And," he continues. "I will help get better homes for everyone. It's important to me that even heroes like the awesome Ladybug and Cat Noir—" Everyone cheers. "Um...that we will stand by their side against the enemy, Hawk Moth, and make sure that if we hear anything, you report it to me, and I will—"

Alya steps onstage. "Mr. Dupain, I can help," she says. "Hello, I am a great friend of his daughter, Marinette Dupain Cheng. I am also the person in charge of the Ladyblog, and you can tell me as well. Ladybug can trust me, and I had some special meetings with her."

She walk offstage. "Also," dad proceeds. "Citizens like her will have the voice and can truly express themselves. So, vote me for mayor." A loud roar erupt fills the stadium as cheers echo throughout the building.

He walks back to his chair, walking past me. "Good job, Mr. Dupain," I murmur. "Your daughter must be so proud of you." He smiles, heading back to his seat. I turn my attention to Mr. Bourgeois as he stands confidently at the podium.

"Hey, everyone!" He proclaims, placing his hands behind his back. "Let's not get too formal. How does that sound? Everyone here is familiar with me and what I believe in. Along with that, I kept everyone here protected."

"No!" Someone yells. "Ladybug and Cat Noir did!" I glance around, seeing Alix in the crowd. She sits next to Kim, having a serious yet eager smile on her face. Alya and the rest of my classmates were right besides them.

"Anyways," he continues. "All of you are alive thanks to me. Ladybug and Cat Noir... thank you! If you continue voting for me, then I will keep on telling Ladybug and Cat Noir to come when you are in trouble."

I eye him carefully. "We need to hear it from Ladybug and Cat Noir!" Kim yells, standing up. I shift uncomfortably, wondering if it my place to step in. I don't want to make anyone mad at me, do I? What should I do?