15

My eyes snap open, as I slowly get out of my bed. I stretch my stiff arms and slowly get to my feet, before glancing over at my alarm clock. 12:48. My eyes widen in surprise, as I run a hand through my hair. I overslept.

On the bright side, I get the day off since I helped work on the school event. Yip-eee! Sounds fun, right? Although I felt very exhausted, I felt like taking a walk. I wasn't sure what it was, but apart of me wanted to leave the house and just start walking.

As I continue to walk through the city, Tikki stops me. "Marinette, I would stop if I were you," she murmurs from my purse. "The grand master's home is over there. Is that where fate wants you to go?"

I purse my lips. "I think so."

"It's either yes or no," she states firmly, eyeing me carefully. Even though I want to glare at her and protest that she's wrong, I stop myself and sigh heavily. She's right. If fate is the reason I'm here, then I have to completely sure of it.

"I'm sure," I proclaim. A frown forms on her face, as I start to approach the guardian's home. The kwami mutters something under her breath, as I quickly turn to look at her. "May you please repeat that, Tikki?" I ask.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it, Marinette."

"Okay..."

She follows me into the building, as I feel genuine curiosity burning deep within me. What's happening to me? As I walk into the main room, I notice an elderly man opening a red and black box.

"Master, Nooroo is continuing to get weaker and weaker," a turtle-like kwami states, before meeting my gaze. "Uh, master, who's that?" I exchange a look with Tikki, as she nods in my direction.

"Show yourself," the master demands. I slowly open the door, revealing Tikki and I to them. "Oh, what a relief. It's just Ladybug and her kwami." I smile nervously and nod lightly, feeling their curious gazes.

"I-I'm sorry...!" I shriek, anxiously scratching the back of my neck. "Fate led me here..." He chuckles to himself, before smiling in delight. I shift uncomfortably, as Tikki nods in my direction. "I'm honestly not sure why though..."

"A lot has happened to you in this past week," he points out, beckoning for me to sit down. "Not only are you Ladybug, but you're also the mayor's daughter." I sit in front of him, as Tikki floats alongside me.

"Hi, Wayzz!"

"Hello, Tikki."

"Oh, yeah!" Tikki declares, looking over at me. "This is Wayzz, the turtle kwami." The turtle kwami, huh? Turtles symbolize protection, stability, patience, and wisdom. I shoot him a smile, nodding lightly. "Also, Marinette, this is Master Fu, the guardian of the miraculouses," she adds.

"It's nice to meet you, sir."

"Same here. So, about the reason you came here..."

I sigh heavily. "Okay, I woke up this morning and had this strange gut feeling," I admit, pursing my lips in concentration. "After that, I decided to follow it, and it led me here. Why? What does this mean?"

"Okay. It seems there's a lot to discuss."