28

As I continue to head to class, my heart hammers within my chest. I'm not in the mood to deal with Chloe's and Lila's cutting remarks, rather, I just want to get through the day and talk to Luka about his suspicions.

I enter the classroom, as everyone turns to stare at me. I quickly sit down and start to read through my notes, feeling everyone's piercing gazes. A few more students enter the classroom, as the teacher clears her throat. "Alright. It's time to start our lesson," the teacher states, before beginning her lesson.

Once class ends, I get to my feet and start to leave the room. Chloe, Lila, Adrien, Alya, Nino, and Sabrina wait outside, as I stare at them in horror. What are they doing? I turn and start to walk away, as someone puts a hand on my shoulder.

I look in that direction through the corners of my eyes, as Lila stands there. "So, Marinette, what did you do to manipulate Luka like that?" The brown-haired female asks, as a dark smirk curves around her lips.

I shift uncomfortably, as tears form in my eyes. Does it seem like I manipulated him? I heave a sigh and meet her gaze, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. "What's it to you?" I ask blankly, feeling their intense gazes. "I didn't force Luka to do anything, and since none of you are my friends anymore, it's really none of your business."

I then turn and walk away, leaving the group in complete shock. Tears form in my eyes, as I hurry down the hall. I don't understand why they won't just leave me alone! I clench my fists in desperation and lower my head in dismay, feeling people's curious yet worried expressions.

Suddenly, I bump into a female and clumsily stumble to the ground. "Oh my gosh!" She shrieks, before helping me to my feet and scrunching her brows in concern. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay!?"

She is a slender teenage girl and has wheat-golden hair with significantly shorter bangs, with the ends reaching her shoulders and upper back. Her eyes are a vivid shade of azure, and her eyebrows are honey colored. She has a peach skin tone and a dusting of light freckles over the bridge of her nose and cheeks. She wears a black faux leather jacket, a white top with a pink, cyan, and yellow honeycomb flower on the front, and yellow pants and an orange belt with yellow pockets and a black part. On her feet, her shoes have white shoelaces, toe caps, and soles. The sides of her shoes are decorated with blue, lime-green and pink heart and star patterns with black outlines.

"No! Don't apologize!" I exclaim worriedly, as her eyes widen. "I was the one who ran into you! It was my fault!" The female's face softens, as she chuckles to herself and shoots me a warm yet genuine smile.

"Thank you for that," she hums, nodding in my direction. "It seems neither one of us were paying attention." The female nervously scratches the back of her head. "Also..." The female meets my gaze. "What's your name? I'm Zoe!"

"My name is Marinette," I state in a cheerful tone. "It's nice to meet you, Zoe." The said female's eyes seem to light up, as a newfound happiness washes over me. I don't know why, but I feel so excited about meeting her. Perhaps, it's the light at the end of the tunnel, but I believe running into her today happened for a reason.

"So, what do you like to do for fun?"

"I love music and designing fashion," I admit, feeling her intent yet curious gaze. "In fact, I would love to become a fashion designer and a singer someday. I know some people say that's it's unrealistic and to choose between the two, but I'm passionate about both of them." I smile softly. "I also enjoy baking, watching movies with my family, and playing video games. What about you?"

"I love acting," says Zoe, who has a bright smile on her face. "I've always wanted to be an actress and enjoy watching movies, TV shows, and musicals. It takes so much talent to perform like that." Her face then softens. "Besides, your dream sounds amazing. If you do your best and want it enough, then I know you can do it."