Day 6062

Darcy's Dream...

Wait... I'm back out here?! In the snow?! Outside?!

This doesn't look like the last place... It's more desolate! There isn't even a corpse anywhere!

Is that an arm? Not again!

I started running to the left of the arm. I walked forwards and backwards from the arm and died. I need to do the unexpected to survive!

"Darcy..?" asked a familiar voice. I spun around and saw Xena in a nearby building, waving.

"Xena! I'm so glad you are here!" I yelled before she jumped down herself. Was her display... yellow?

"Run!" Xena yelled, her display looking horrified.

I continued walking closer, her display becoming more and more terrified. Her eyes changed into a signature X, something that shook me to my core.

"I CAN'T STOP!!!!" Xena yelled before a silver pair of wings and a robotic tail suddenly appeared.

Xena was a murder drone?!

"It's a dream, Darcy! It's another dream!" Xena told me. "Do the unexpected!"

I did just that. I charged toward her, grabbing a nearby pipe, and holding it over my head.

The murder drone switched its hands into a sword and swung it upward. In response, I brought the pipe down on its head.

The pipe completely wrecked its head, but not before it cut through me laterally. I did the unexpected, and I'm pretty sure I should wake up... NOW!

Darcy POV

WOAH!

Wait, that worked?! Me attacking Xe- that drone worked?!

I'm in Xena's bed... Again. Speaking of her, she appears to be having an uncomfortable dream!

Wait, I've heard of this before! Connected Dreams!

Flashback

Connected dreams are a phenomenon that occurs when two drones in a close relationship, such as a couple, appear in a hybrid dream state, where each can control their minds and words, but not their movements.

When you wake up from a connected dream by dying, your partner might not be able to wake up on their own. In this case, you need to wake them up immediately, to terminate the hybrid space and reboot their processors.

Remember, everything except the situation that happens in a connected dream is true.

I immediately slapped Xena on the head, instantly forcing a reboot. When she came to, her eye display was yellow for a second, and she looked terrified.

"Connected dreams..." Xena stuttered, looking terrified.

I decided to ask her about it later, as it probably wasn't true that she was a murder drone. In the meantime, I grabbed Xena and hugged her tightly. She seemed to calm down and hugged me back.