Day 6063

X POV

I rebooted to the sight of Darcy cuddling with me. I guess my internal heat was keeping her system warm?

Either way, I pulled her closer to me with my tail and waited for her to wake up. I was overjoyed that she didn't leave the house, or worse, get me killed by the police. Maybe I should tell her my real name...

Wait, I think she is waking up!

"Did I fall asleep in Xena's bed again?" she asked herself.

"Yes, yes you did!" I replied. She turned around in surprise, but relaxed when she saw me.

"Sorry about this, you were just really warm..." Darcy admitted.

"Well, it helps me offload my heat so I don't die, so you're welcome," I replied, already feeling my system temperature rising.

"So wait, what is your real name?" Darcy asked.

"Do I have to say the whole thing?" I asked. 'Serial Designation X' is a long name...

"Yeah!" she replied.

"Serial Designation X..." I mumbled.

"I'll just call you Xena, alright?" Darcy asked.

"Alright." I replied.

"Also, what does your face look like when you... you know." Darcy asked me. She is so curious! I switched my face to the yellow X, and looked at her.

"That's scary, right!" I told Darcy, before bursting out in laughter.

"Yeah, could you change it back to your eyes?" Darcy stuttered between bits of laughter. I switched it back to my usual eyes, and got out of bed. I forgot my tail was coiled around her, and I pulled her accidentally.

"Oops!" I said, before releasing her.

"Where are you headed?" Darcy asked me.

"Cold storage... I need to get my oil from somewhere, right?" I admitted.

"Why?" she asked.

"Well, it helps with the whole overheating thing..." I replied. "Plus, I refuse to murder you now, or even harm you, so..."

"Well, maybe just take the oil out of them. I think you destroyed the corpse of my manager's sister." Darcy informed.

"Will do! See you in a few minutes!" I replied before jumping into an open ceiling vent, much to the astonishment of Darcy.

Darcy POV

I never knew so much about Xena! It was really cute how she vowed not to kill me at all, but thinking of her feasting on corpses isn't something I want to think about. In a way, Xena was really cute, but in another way, she was a murderer.

"I'm back!" Xena suddenly announced. I looked at the vent, but it was already closed, as it had never been opened.

"Up here!" Xena told me. I looked over and saw Xena hanging from the ceiling.

"That's a neat trick!" I told her.

"I can do it on two legs!" Xena told me, before standing up on the ceiling, reaching down to the floor, and falling to the ground. She immediately picked me up and hugged me, smiling. I could see her sharp teeth. I also noticed the big oil stain surrounding her mouth. She dropped me down, and cleaned herself up, before sitting down on the couch.

"I didn't tear into today's corpse, I just cut a hole in the neck," Xena informed, disappointed.

"Well, at lea-" I started before the doorbell cut me off.

"Hide!" I whispered, to which she climbed up the stairs in a few seconds. I opened the door and was surprised to see my manager at the door. He wordlessly gave me a pay stub, and drove off, still mourning the incident.

"You can come out!" I yelled, which made Xena come down the stairs.

"Who was it?" Xena asked.

"The manager was dropping off my pay stub." I answered.

"Alright," Xena replied, before sitting back down. I noticed that her tail was wagging somewhat. Were they like cats and dogs?

"Can we cuddle on the bed again?" I asked. I was feeling really cold, but I already-

"Yeah!" Xena replied, before grabbing me using her tail and taking me upstairs.

"I can walk, you know?" I said before being plopped underneath the blanket.

"That was funnier though," Xena replied before snuggling up next to me. She pulled me closer, and I could already feel myself getting cozy. I nuzzled closer to her before I spoke.

"Why is your hair silver?" I asked.

"It's a standardized colour, even my teammates used to have it," Xena replied, which interested me.

"You have teammates?" I asked.

"Yeah, we arrived in groups of three. My teammates were M and K. M was a big shot, always trying to show he was better than the others. He refused the rations they gave us when we set off here. I'm almost glad he overheated, nobody could stand him. K and I didn't give him our rations, sealing his fate. K was obsessed with murdering workers, but I was starting to become disillusioned with the concept. After an argument, I left K's team and moved here." Xena explained, shocking me.

"Did you regret leaving?" I asked Xena as I shifted my position to get more comfortable.

"In a way, I left the last thing I had to be in this hell. But now that you're here, I don't regret it. It would be nice to see him again though." Xena replied. "What about you?"

"I was born here by my mother who died recently. She died in the same attack that led me here." I said.

"Ooh, tell me more!" Xena asked.

"Well, my school years were fine. Nobody noticed me, and I never noticed them. I got alright grades, and they did as well. Nothing worthy of the community college, but I'm making a living." I informed. "That reminds me, I still need to sort out my living situation. I need to find some low-price housing."

"Why not stay here?" Xena asked.

"Wait? You want me to stay?" I inquired.

"In a word, please!" Xena replied.

"Alright, it's really fun here anyways with you!" I told her, before moving closer. In response, Xena pulled me closer to her. It was a bit odd that I felt so comfortable around who was a murder machine designed to murder me, but it was fine.

We both shut off soon, drifting off to sleep for the next 8 hours, as our programming was set for us automatically. I wondered if a dream was going to come on in a few seconds before I shut off. Either way, I was safe with Xena, and she was happy with me.