Day 6072

Darcy POV

"What the hell is going on?! This isn't like N to murder someone!" Xena whispered to me. "He's always had a crush on V, but that being gone is insane!"

"Hey X!"

"OH MY GOD-" I started before Xena aimed a weapon at 'N'.

"I won't hurt the worker, alright?" N compromised, lowering his weapon.

"Who... Are you exactly?" I asked.

"I am Serial Designation N! Nice to meet you!" N replied.

"I'll turn the heating down, and then we can go in and talk," I replied, climbing inside, and turning the thermostat to a default state. As I sat down with Xena and N, a conversation started.

"So... Your crush on V is gone now?" Xena asked him.

"Yeah, I eventually realized that she didn't care about me, and all she cared about was being the stage model for the corporation," N replied.

"Oof." was all Xena had to say.

"So... what's it like outside?" I asked them.

"It's cold, destroyed, deadly, freezing, full of harmful radiation and whatever... did I mention cold?" N started before Xena helped him. "It's an apocalyptic wasteland."

"So... Now that the team is gone, I need to manage things back at the pod. I'll be back the next night!" N said as he left, saying goodbye to us.

"I can't believe we survived all of that!" Xena celebrated, pecking me on the cheek.

"That reminds me, what do we do with them?" I asked, pointing to two corpses of V and J on the floor.

"Well... want to do some target practice?" Xena asked me.

"Hell yeah!" I replied, dragging the corpses into the yard.

"Are you sure that's a good place?" Xena asked me.

"Well, almost everybody here is dead, look at all the corpses," I replied, affixing them to a set of fence posts.

"Wait, that doesn't bother you?" Xena questioned.

"I've seen the hundreds of bodies in cold storage. These are the same." I replied, grabbing a gun from a nearby house. It appeared to be some kind of SMG, which was nothing, compared to Xena's minigun.

We climbed up the stairs and entered the room that faced the street, which was now covered in bodies and oil. I pulled the trigger, and the bullet went directly into the street floor.

"You had the right aim, you just need to hold it steady, like this." Xena demonstrated. Her gun only moved backwards a bit, and hit J in the visor.

I tried it, and I managed to hit V's hand.

"That's both accurate and inaccurate, wow!" Xena congratulated.

"Thanks!" I replied, before shooting again, hitting V's head.

"MURDER DRONE ATTACK IS OVER!" a speaker yelled out.

"Wait, there's still workers alive?" Xena suddenly said, apon seeing hundreds of workers exiting their hiding spaces.

"Yeah, we don't exactly die." I jokingly replied.

"Unless I kill you, of course!" Xena replied.

"Yeah, but you wouldn't do that!" I replied, before Xena gently shoved me again the wall.

"Would I?" Xena asked before suddenly kissing me. "You know, you look super cute when your against the wall."

I was visibly blushing at this time, but I had to speak.

"Yeah, I'm loving this!" I jokingly replied.

"You're my little worker, and you are mine!" Xena replied, kissing me again.

"And you are... uh.." I started, before drawing a blank. Literally.

"We'll work on the nickname later. For now..." Xena started before putting on a coat and changing her eye colour to green. "Let's check out the commotion outside of our yard."

As we opened the window and walked onto the roof, we saw a news van and a police car documenting the two drones on the fence. The yard was cordoned off with caution tape, and a table was set up. We decided to jump down into the yard, and brought down the gutter in the process.

"Identify yourselves!" the cops shouted.

"Darcy Karenia, I live here..." I replied.

"Xena... I also live here!" she replied.

"Did you kill these drones?" one of them asked.

"Well, we did bake them inside the house..." we explained.

"Good job, then. We can finally dissect the murderers, and fight back against them!" the officer replied, before the bodies were hauled off. They packed up and left, but the neighbourhood didn't. We went inside before the news could question us. We decided to head upstairs, before Xena and I got a group call.

"Hello?" me and Xena asked.

Group Chat POV - They are not in the same place IRL, but are mentally

"Its me again, N!" N told us.

"Hey N!" I greeted.

"Hey! Wait, there's someone else on this call..." Xena started.

"Hello?" a unfamiliar voice asked.

"That's Uzi!" N told us.

"This is Darcy and X?" Uzi asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Call me Xena!" Xena asked.

"N, why are you introducing me to these losers?" Uzi asked, annoying us both.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"N, give me one good reason to stay on the call with this worker!" Xena asked, annoyed.

"Well, Uzi heard that I went to talk to you all, and she wanted to meet you." N replied.

"Well, she met us." Xena replied.

"Can I leave now?" Uzi asked.

"Yeah, this is a tramwreck." N replied as we all left.

Xena POV

"That worker was so rude, it was insane!" I told Darcy.

"Yeah!" Darcy replied.

"Anyway, want to head into our bedroom?" I asked Darcy. I had a great idea.

"Yeah!" Darcy replied. Before she was on the bed, I pushed her onto it, and stood above her.

Darcy leaned up to kiss me, but I dropped down on her, pinning her down. I kissed her back, and she ended up pulling me closer to her. I used my tail to pin her to me, and pulled the covers over us. I broke the kiss, and laid down beside her. We were both blushing from the make out session we just had.

"We should do that more often!" Darcy replied, moving against me.

"Yeah!" I replied, holding her tight.

We shutoff together, happy with how the day has gone, and happy we survived.