Day 6065

X POV

Darcy asked me to hide, so I started climbing down the drawers.

The way I saw it, there appeared to be a massive shaft, where drawers full of bodies lined the walls. The elevator car must have fallen into the pit because there were remnants of a car cable, connected to a motor above the shaft. Just how low did this shaft go? I stopped so I could hear the conversation.

"Aren't you the guys who tried to kill me?" Darcy asked.

"Yeah, and we need to finish the job." an unknown voice replied. I heard footsteps and saw Darcy being backed up against the pit.

"Why are you tryna make it easy for us?" asked the unknown voice.

"Well..." Darcy started before I heard a commotion. I saw the attacker fall down the pit, only to grab the drawer handle near the edge. I saw Darcy stand above him, annoyed.

"Idiot." was the last thing the worker heard before Darcy slammed her foot in the handle, breaking it completely. The worker fell down the shaft, not to be seen again. I flew up and landed beside Darcy.

"So these are your wings?" Darcy asked.

"Yeah. Don't touch them, they are SHARP!" I ordered her. "By the way, nice job with that guy."

"Thanks! We should probably get home because I don't exactly have an employer anymore." Darcy asked before setting off to walk.

"Say, you know how it's night and nobody is around?" I asked her.

"Yeah..." Darcy replied.

"Can you grab my hand for a second?" I asked her. She seemed curious, so she did it.

"Hold on tight!" I warned before I jumped, and started flying in the streets. There weren't any streetlights on, so we had the place to ourselves.

"This feels amazing!" I heard Darcy say.

After that, I started to gain more speed, like a racecar and flew down the street at a speed where nobody could see us. We both noticed a house that had been broken into, but looked like it had been broken into a long time ago. I had to make a corner, so I used the speed to my advantage. I canted right, and raced past the building, now on the street where I lived. Finally, I landed at the front of our house.

"That was awesome!" Darcy told me before she hugged me. "That house we passed was my old house, where I used to live before the robbery."

"Interesting, we should check that out after. Either way, I want to cuddle with you again!" I told her before I went inside, and jumped on the bed. Darcy followed soon after and hugged me in bed. I pulled her closer to me with my tail, and we dozed off.

Connected Dream

Where am I? Oh, Xena is next to me!

"Where are we?" Xena asked.

"On top of a skyscraper," I replied. We were looking over the ruined planet of Copper 9. I thought it looked amazing, and Xena thought it looked amazing. I was leaning against Xena's shoulder like we have done many times. Suddenly, the ruined buildings turned into human houses and trees were there. It looked like a human neighbourhood.

Suddenly, Xena spun me around to face her.

"Wait, what?" Xena and I asked.

"Remember, we can't control each other! Be prepared to run!" Xena warned. However, I was lifted, so that we were at face level with each other.

All of a sudden, I felt myself being thrown toward Xena. We both must have closed our eyes!

Darcy POV

"What was that?!" I asked Xena.

"You think I know?! Why did you throw yourself toward me?" asked Xena to me.

"Wait, do you think I pulled you toward me, and I think you pulled yourself towards me?" Darcy asked in confusion.

"Yeah, that seems right!" Xena replied? "Is this a consequence of having connected dreams with you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Well, last time we had a connected dream, I couldn't wake up by myself. This time, something unexplained happened, and we couldn't see it!" Xena explained.

"That makes sense... what do you think happened?" I asked.

"I don't know..." Xena replied. "I just want to head back to sleep, still want to cuddle?"

"Yeah!" I replied, already snuggling into her again. She tied me closer to her with her tail before I hugged her. This time, I was able to see into Xena's face as she shut off. I followed suit, the last thing I saw was Xena's facial screen.

X POV

When I woke up, I was facing Darcy, who was still asleep. She looked so cozy, and I decided to let her lean against me while I grabbed a book to read. Instead, she fell over, still asleep, into my lap. I smiled warmly at her, before reading a book called 'Interesting Twists of Fate'. It only had a few copies, because a corruption error erased all the chapters before mass production could begin. Either way, it was a blast to read.

"Hey, Xena!" Darcy greeted, finally woken up. She immediately hugged me, and I hugged her back.

"What'cha reading?" Darcy asked me.

"The book that got corrupted and deleted," I replied. Once again, my temperature was still lower than before, which meant that Darcy was a heatsink. Literally.

"What should we do?" I asked Darcy.

"Well, we can always continue reading!" I replied, before grabbing the book or trying to. "Where is the book?!"

"Under the bed?" Darcy suggested. I looked underneath the bed and saw a book in the middle of it. "How did it get under there?!"

"I can't reach it, can you pass me that pole?" I asked Darcy, and a pole slid in beside me. With some leverage and a kick from Darcy, we manage to get the book out from underneath the bed.

"You just had to kick it?" I asked her as I jumped on the bed.

"It worked, didn't it? Let's get back to reading!" Darcy replied, before, once again, the doorbell interrupted us,

"Can't do anything here!" I announced as I put on my coat, and walked down with a green eye display. Darcy also followed, and we opened the door.

Darcy POV

WAIT! WHAT. IN. THE. HELL?! HOW?!

"MOM?!"

X POV

WHAT?!