Day 6085

Xena POV

"So you think that this advertisement will actually attract someone that can code such a thing?" Darcy asked as I finished the last line and hit 'SEND'. We all had a dreadful feeling that it wouldn't work, no matter how hard we tried. 

But we had to. Right now, we grabbed a map of the local universe, and plotted the trajectory of both the pod, and the black hole.

"Hey N, can you read the statistics of where they are going to land?" I asked him.

"They'll land about a kilometre from here northwest," N replied, trying to plot that on a 2D map.

"Okay, we need a legitimate computer, one that can actually hold a 3D rendering engine." Darcy gave up and walked out to find one, along with me. We made sure to continue using our disguises, as we walked down to the computer store. It wasn't a long walk at all, and we soon made it.

The store itself was larger than expected, but we were able to find the right computer, and check out. Once again, we weren't charged at all and walked out. We made sure to keep an eye out for Yvette if she appeared as a Karen again. Thankfully, as we got into our house with the key to destroying A and Z, nobody made a move on us. 

"We're home!" I and Darcy announced, only to see N and Uzi with glum expressions.

"We just found out that their pod has no fuel, meaning they are inevitably going to crash here," N informed, groaning.

"There goes the plan!" Darcy yelled in frustration.

"We can't send them into an early grave! They'll send us into an early grave!" Uzi yelled, annoyed.

"What if we dig a massive hole where they plan to land and backfill it after they land?!" Darcy figured out.

"Where are we going to get the machinery to dig such a hole? And that would require you 2 going outside, which is a big no." I replied.

"Then we are doomed!" I yelled, before a knock car from the door.

"Uhh..." Darcy started as she opened the door, only to be greeted by a news crew and a bunch of drones in suits.

"What is- what is this?" I asked about the sudden intrusion.

"It's concerning the threat that you 4 were just discussing about." one of the older drones spoke.

"This is Liza Harriet, and we are back with our four heroes, who are debating how to defeat a new threat. Tell us, what is the new threat?" Liza appeared and asked.

"Hey, Liza! So, we have two more murder drones arriving, but they are extremely powerful, basically indestructible, and can only be beaten by each other." Darcy explained. We all sat down together and realized that this was a televised debate.

"Okay, we can't trap them underground, we can't redirect them into the nearby black hole, and we can't destroy them. Anyone got ideas?" Uzi asked.

"What about raising the internal temperature of their pod so they'll overheat?" one of them asked.

"We can't actually access the pod's statistics yet. Plus, A and Z probably have a legitimate cooling system, one that can actually withstand hot temperatures." N informed.

"What about impersonating someone they would listen to, and give orders to not kill anyone?" Liza asked.

"Well, JCJENSON has some ridiculously strict protocols," I informed. "They likely won't be fooled.

"What about the new weapon in R&D?" one of the younger ones spoke, before realizing his mistake.

"You aren't supposed to mention that!" the older ones reprimanded. "But since you have, that might actually work."

"What?" Uzi asked, confused.

"We have a weapon capable of remotely moving objects anywhere we want." they explained.

"Is there a weight limit on it?" N asked.

"No, but it can only work for around 30 seconds before it needs to recharge." the younger one explained.

"What about a moving target?" I asked.

"Can be done, but halves the time," he replied.

"How does moving it actually work?" Darcy asked.

"You 'grab' it, input the co-ordinates you want it to go to, and press the button. That's what takes a ton of time though, in addition to the time to grab." he explained.

"How long is the time to grab?" Uzi asked.

"Depends on what you need to grab." he replied. I showed him the picture of our pod, and he looked closely.

"Oh we can grab that easily. 1 second, tops!" he replied.

"Great! Does what you grab remain static, or can it rotate?" N asked.

"Static." he answered.

"Maybe this can work!" We all figured, and we asked to see it. We were allowed to, after a few hundred checks and vetting. We were allowed in a observation room, where we saw it being used to build a wall.

The actual thing appeared to be a rectangular tube, open on both ends, mounted on a versatile arm.

"This just got overly Sci-fi quickly." I uttered.

"Oh, it gets more sci-fi really fast." the worker spoke before a large sound was heard. Some sort of yellow ray entered the rectangular tube, and it started filling up a gauge. When it was finished, an orange ray exited the tube. It encompassed a tungsten cube, and threw it up, before catching it.

"What just happened..?" Darcy asked.

"Can't really discuss it..." he replied, before taking us to a empty room.

"So, where will the pod be coming from?" he asked. N pulled a map out, and explained the trajectory and all of that.

"Alright. When will they arrive?" 

"In a day or so. Let's keep watch in case they have some tricks up their sleeve." N informed. We were allowed to go home, where the crew had already deserted our house, leaving it empty.

"Okay, we get to use scientific weaponry to defeat the greatest existing threat to the safety of Copper 9 at large! This is amazing!" Uzi and Darcy yelled.

"That was so wordy, it was insane!" I told them.

"I always wanted to use the line, alright?" Darcy replied.

"I will admit, taking down A and Z will be a pretty good achievement in my book." N coolly replied.

"The look on JCJENSON's faces when we take their prime murderers and throw them in the trash!" Uzi yelled. "No offense to you two though."

"None taken. The two could get a bit overconfident at times, it'll be fun." I remarked.