Day 6071

X POV

Damnit, they survived it!

"Is this house even worth it anymore?"

"Shut it, idiot! We need this house for the top team!"

"When do we kill them?"

"Right now!"

I quickly readied a rocket, and sent it into the vent. It worked, because I heard the reactions downstairs.

"AHH!"

"Get off me, J!"

"Do not order me around, idiot!"

"So you're allowed to fall on me, but I'm not allowed to fall on you?"

"...shut up."

As amusing as the conversation was, I quickly searched for another grate that lead to the attic. Darcy arranged a box against two walls, creating a corner that we could hide in. I quickly dismantled the box, only to find it empty.

At the same time, three drones landed in the attic.

"It looks like there's absolutely nothing here!"

"Fan out! Repetitive Failure, stay at the entrance."

"Okay!"

I signalled Darcy to turn everything off, such as fans, weapons, processors, and screens, to cool down our bodies, in case they used infrared.

We also maneuvered in the crate together, but we had to sit uncomfortably, so that I and Darcy were kissing. We weren't, however, because we heard footsteps approaching the crate.

"Why are we here specifically?"

"To destroy Serial Designation X!"

WAIT, WHAT?!

Why would they-

"Why-"

"Because she is a rogue that's here. After K got reassigned, we were given this area, and we detected a rogue disassembly drone here."

"And we are here to kill it?"

"No, we are here to stick this USB into it to destroy it's consciousness."

"Isn't that the same-"

"Do NOT correct me, Mettalic Drawback!"

I saw a drone, recognizable as J, place the USB on the crate, and walk away, likely to check on something. I swiped the USB, and destroyed it.

We kept waiting for them to leave. It took what felt like hundreds of days before we heard the sound of them leaving.

"How long has it been?" Darcy asked, switching her optics back on.

"19 minutes," I replied.

We quickly emerged from our hiding spot, and secured the home. We could tell that they were still there, so we put blankets over the windows.

"So, are you going to confront them?" I asked.

"3-1, not a good chance." I replied.

"3-2, you mean." Darcy replied.

"There is no way you can fight them off!" I questioned her.

"We have to try, otherwise there will be daily attacks against the bunker." she countered.

"We can set a better trap later, for now, let's just hide in a bedroom," I replied, walking up the stairs, and tripping over the door. I remembered that it had been the butt of a trap, as was the vent, which was destroyed.