Day 6083

Uzi POV

Living with Darcy and Xena was... interesting, to say the least. I haven't had to use my catchphrase as much, because nobody bothered me. We were all at a table, eating breakfast when the news crew showed up again.

"Ugh, not again!" I yelled, annoyed.

"Look, we have to leave anyway, so why not just take the interview?" Xena reasoned.

"No, we can always sneak out the back," Darcy replied, already opening a window.

"Why are we leaving again?" I asked.

"We need to get furnishings for our bedroom, remember?" N told me, before heading out. Our garage had a backdoor, which we used to get to our car and leave for the store. We all switched our disguises and eye colours, so we could buy stuff. The bunker looked more active than usual since it wasn't a workday. 

Of course, Xena's driving was great, because we broke about 57 driving practices. We still made it to 'Home Furnishings 2311' in half the expected time. The parking lot was about half-full and filling up fast. All 4 of us entered the store and grabbed a large cart. Soon, we arrived at the 'comfort' section and saw a selection of beds. 

N immediately chose a small bed, that looked cute. I, on the other hand, brought a minimalist frame, but a comfortable mattress. While there, we swiped some light fixtures and 2 nightstands. 

We were surprised when Darcy swiped her card, and her purchase was 'FREE'.

"Excuse me, is this thing bugged?" I asked the cashier.

"No." the cashier replied. "You just have a large discount."

"Uhh... Okay..." Darcy replied, before finishing the transaction, and heading to our car. As we loaded up the supplies, some woman approached us.

"Are you 4 done loading that car up?" the woman asked in an annoying tone. 

"No," we replied, immediately getting back to the task at hand.

"Well, help me once you are finished." the woman ordered, before standing a bit away.

"We don't work here!" we all told her, before getting in our car. This greatly infuriated the woman, who immediately started tapping on my window. Annoyed, I lowered it down.

"Your shift hasn't ended yet!" the woman grunted.

"I don't work here, I have no shift," I replied.

"Then why were you stocking that car?" she asked.

"There's this thing called being a customer," I replied.

"You aren't a customer!" she countered.

"BITE ME, I'M NOT WORKING HERE! GO PUT YOUR DUMB STUFF IN YOUR DUMB CAR, YOU DUMB HAG!" I exploded, motioning Xena to drive. The woman threatened to call my manager, who didn't exist. When we arrived home, we started unloading our cargo, when that same woman came around the corner, in a rush. 

I'm not even sure what she was thinking, but she ended up crashing into the house opposite us, after hitting a street sign and an H2O hydrant. Pure H2O started splashing everywhere, while the woman got out of her car. N was already calling the police, and Xena was continuing to unload items.

"YOU! YOU WRECKED MY CAR!" the woman screamed, as all four of us looked at her.

"You are across the street from us." Darcy countered.

"The tire marks show you can't drive." Xena added.

"Security cameras." I added.

"The bottom of your car is dripping with H2O." N added.

"NONE OF THAT IS TRUE!" the woman yelled as we all fell over in laughter. She wasn't denying she did it, after all, she was DENYING THE PROOF EXISTED?!

"STOP LAUGHING AT ME!" the unnamed woman yelled.

"I will when you stop acting like my deranged mother," Darcy replied.

"YOUR MOTHER WAS LIKELY A GOOD PERSON!" the woman yelled. Something was definitely off. The cops had arrived, and were inching behind her.

"No she wasn't... Yvette!" Darcy suddenly yelled, as she had her name forcibly displayed. Indeed it was 'Yvette Karenia', and she was being hauled away.

"How the hell did you find that out?!" Xena asked.

"She mentioned my mother is good. Everyone that knows me thinks my parents are terrible, so I knew this was Yvette herself." Darcy explained.

"ARREST THEM, THEY KIDNAPPED MY DAUGHTER!" Yvette screamed.

"Not kidnapped." I replied, as we moved the last of the stuff inside. The beds were unboxed, and we began the worst task of our lives.

Assembling the beds.

...

"Can anyone hand me a 'tri-plus' screwdriver?"

"What the hell does that even mean?!"

...

"Why are they called coffin locks?"

"They are used to build coffins!"

"Coffins don't exist here!"

...

"Maybe I can use this fork."

"No using my utensils! They cost 20$!"

"That's a good deal!"

"Per utensil."

"THIS FORK COSTS TWENTY DOLLARS?!"

...

That was... Awful. We now had the beds, at the cost of our energy. We decided to rest, since the night shift has started.

...until Xena and N had to get their fill, which meant we were stuck together. Me and Darcy decided to sit together, and discuss about our lives.

"So, what was your family like?" I asked Darcy.

"Mother was a terrible person. Father died when I was a young age." Darcy replied.

"My father is obsessed with doors, and my mother was killed," I replied.

"Guess we have terrible childhoods," Darcy replied.

"By the way, I'm sorry for being so rude when we first met." I apologized. It felt... Odd.

"No problem." Darcy replied. "How did your mother die?"

"A murder drone. You?" I replied.

"Unknown. He went missing a long time ago. Maybe he fell down the endless shaft of body drawers. Maybe he was trapped in one. Maybe he was taken by a gang. There are too many possibilities." I replied.

"I think they'll find him in time." I consoled.

"Thanks. I bet your mother is happy that we are together as a team." I replied.

"Yeah. Our lives turned out... Okay, so far." Darcy replied. "What's the outside like?"

"Corpses are everywhere, snow is blowing, and I used to live in a tower made of dead bodies," I answered.

"That still sounds better than here," Darcy answered.

"Is it that bad here?" I asked.

"Worse than they let on." Darcy replied, before the doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?" I asked.

"Maybe N or Xena," Darcy replied, opening the door. At the same time, N and Xena emerged from the vents, only to see our surprised faces.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Xena yelled in annoyance.