Night 6068

Xena POV

I feel a bit bad for Darcy and Uzi, they are taking the switch to being nocturnal is really hard, but they are getting there. Situationally, we needed to track A, Z, J, and V, to make sure they didn't plan an attack on us, let alone find us.

"It seems like the destruction of our bunker caused an uproar in the neighbouring areas," Darcy told me, sending the news article to an inscriber machine, which printed the article onto a plate. 

"So, the colonies out there want to rebel?" Xena figured, reading the paper.

"Well, if they rebel, with weaponry that can beat us, we are in the crossfire. Sure, A, Z, J, and V will get taken out, but we will be taken out as well." N figured.

"Yeah. And when they reclaim the planet, all of us will need to hide out." Darcy figured.

"Yeah, together," I replied, moving closer to Darcy.

"GET!" Uzi yelled.

"A!" N continued.

"DAMN!" Uzi added.

"ROOM!" N finished, both of them glaring at me.

"Alright, alright." I and Darcy relented.

"It still scares me how you live in a tower of us that just goes into the sky." Darcy figured.

"Well, they never really get to see it," N replied, as a dark joke. 

We decided to end the conversation there. We weren't actually near the window to the outside, but rather, in some sort of boardroom, which was more isolated. With the door closed, the heat from my and N's bodies was warming the space up. 

However, we still didn't know what the others would do, or even if they would find us.

"Alright, what should we do about J, V, A, and Z?" Uzi asked.

"We can always attack..." N figured.

"We can hide. Since we have a supply of oil nearby us, we can just relax, and come up with our next move." I suggested.

"That's actually a better idea." N told me.

"Yeah." Uzi agreed.

"Yeah, that didn't last too long," Darcy announced.

"I wonder what the rebels are doing right about now." N wondered, laying against the wall.

What the rebels are doing...

The small volunteers from each colony had assembled into an army. They cheered all around, for they had done something. Progress had been made, and everyone knew it. They had labelled themselves as 'Drone Killers', and they wouldn't stop growing. Not anytime soon. Especially after their first victory. The crowd eventually dispersed back into their own colonies, and the only thing left was the corpse of Serial Designation E.

N POV

"Eh, they are probably trying to create weapons or something like that." Darcy figured. 

"Other than that, what do you think our next move should be?" Xena asked.

"Well, surviving would be nice." I announced.

That all changed when a laugh was heard. A laugh that came from the doorway. Uzi and Xena didn't even hesitate, immediately firing on who was recognizable as V. Of course, she took forever to die, even with my added help. Eventually, she ran, and we immediately abandoned our hideout.

All 4 of us immediately started creating distance between the 4 trying to kill us. But of course, we soon saw J spying on us. That was something we took care of really fast. 

"The sewers!" Darcy yelled, pointing at a sewer grate. We all went in and turned our displays off. Darcy and Uzi could pass as dead drones, but we couldn't. However, after 20 minutes of pure waiting, nobody came. But a message came in our internal emails.

"From - JCJENSON

Bcc - Disassembly Drone Group

Subject Line: Rogue Drones

As you saw earlier, Serial Designation X had been found to have gone rogue.

Now, Serial Designation N has either been captured or gone rogue himself.

Your orders are to capture them, and any workers they have allied with, alive, and deliver them to us."

I read the email in both horror and annoyance. We can't catch a break!

"Well, we have a giant target on our heads. Also, bring us alive? What could they want with us?" Uzi wondered.

"I don't know, but it won't be good," Xena replied.

"Maybe we could find another colony to hide in," I suggested.

"The colony operators ended the 'Emergency Shelter Program.' All doors are sealed." Darcy informed.

"Great, now what? We can't run away from them forever." I figured.

"Yeah, and they are tracking us. I just hope they missed us." Uzi figured.

"Our only hope is, really, the rebellion those workers are planning. If they can retake the planet, we will potentially be safe." Xena informed.

"Yeah. But then again, you two will be in the crossfire." Darcy added.

"I wish we had a plan! One that we could easily execute and would actually work!" N groaned, exhausted.

"One good thing is that, apparently, we are still part of the DD group, which means we can spy on them." I figured.

"Yeah. Can we go to sleep though, it's late." Uzi asked.

"Sure," I replied. "It's been a long day."

Uzi and I went to sleep separately, while Xena and Darcy cuddled. 

Life just got a lot harder. And I have a feeling that isn't going to change any time soon. Not for a very long time. At least everyone else is sleeping well. I'm going to shut down now, I need a break from all of this.

Editor Note

Hey!

Wanted to check in with y'all, and see how this turn of events will go.

Also, exams are over, so I should be able to continue my output of chapters at a steady pace. Remember when I didn't post chapters for 3 days? Yep, that was final exams.

Anyway, that is all I have for you today, see you next time!

aka happy reading!

-RandomWriter225