Day 6064

X POV

I woke up in the middle of the night, a scared Darcy hugging me.

"It's a break-in..." Darcy whispered to me.

"Remember, find the girl, and kill her." an unknown voice told someone else.

A fanged smile crept up on my visor, which now had a yellow X on it.

"I'll take care of it..." I whispered to her. I uncoiled my tail from her and asked her to keep calm if she hears screams.

I strutted out into the hall with no fear at all and approached the stairs.

It's time to do what I do best.

I already knew that Darcy was watching me from the corner, but it was her fault if she got traumatized.

My hands had already switched out for sharpened claws, and I crept behind the first attacker. I was going to kill them so hard, that they would have wished death upon themselves as a child.

First, I used my tail to trip him, so he fell directly on my waiting claws. With a scream, I threw him onto the second attacker, who already had a screwdriver in hand. I decided to go a bit psychotic on him and tasted the oil on my claws.

"Your oil is so good! I'll make sure to kill you last!" I told the worker as I tied him up. I turned my attention to the other one, who was watching horrified. I shoved him to the ground and cut a gash in his chest.

"WAIT, STOP-" he tried to say before I ripped his voice box out, and crushed it. I wanted to get to the other guy, so I just cut his battery in half, terminating his consciousness.

The tied-up one was trying to escape, but not before I grabbed him.

"Dinnertime!" I announced before raring into him, not enough to kill him. I drank his oil out of his body, and he soon died.

I quickly grabbed both bodies and took them to the cold storage, where I deposited them in an empty set of drawers. I decided to write the word 'THIEF' on their drawers, just as a prank. When I came back, I was immediately met with Darcy.

"Wow! I never knew you could do all that!" Darcy told me in amazement.

"In this hellhole, it's a common thing," I replied, before grabbing Darcy, and setting her back in bed.

"I can walk, you know!" Darcy informed.

"I know, I just don't care!" I cheekily replied.

"Actually... we should probably clean up before we sleep, and maybe buy a new window." Darcy figured, which I agreed to. I started cleaning up the murder site, while Darcy headed to a repair store to get a new window.

It wasn't hard cleaning at all, but it was tedious. And with a gaping hole in the window, I decided to get some attire to look like a worker. When I came back down, Darcy was already home with the window, which she started installing.

"So, what other things can you do?" Darcy asked me before grabbing a drill.

"Well, I can shoot rockets, fly, stab people with swords, stab people with my wings, stab people with my tail, stab people with my claws, and destroy them with my teeth." I replied nonchalantly.

"That's excessive..." Darcy replied.

"It's fun to have a excessive amount of armaments! I can destroy anything or anyone!" I replied.

"I finished!" Darcy announced, just as I had deposited the last of the evidence in a cabinet, where I could dispose of it later.

This time, I let Darcy walk up the stairs, and let her get in the bed by herself. I followed behind her, and got in as well.

"So tell me, are you going to be reliant on oil for the rest of your life?" Darcy asked.

"Yeah... it's a consequence of the number of functions I have and stuff like that." I told her.

"Well... what if I remove your dependency on oil somehow?" She asked.

"That's impossible. I've tried to install more heatsinks, but there are too many already. I can't remove my dependency unless I remove a part of myself, which I'd rather keep." I informed.

"Oh. Can I cuddle with you again?" Darcy inquired.

"Sure! You make a pretty good heatsink!" I jokingly told her. In reality, she did have a effect on my temperature levels compared to before she was here. She was legitimately a heatsink!

I made sure to hug Darcy tight with my tail, andf waited. I could tell that Darcy wasn't shivering as much, and seemed to relax. Soon, we shutoff, and waited for the day.

Darcy POV

I woke up with a feeling that it wasn't exactly morning. Xena was already up and hugged me when I got downstairs.

"I have to go to the store today, unfortunately," I told her, which seemed to sadden her a bit.

"Alright, just make sure to come back as soon as your shift ends!" Xena asked me.

"Will do," I replied before heading to the store. This time, I managed to catch the bus and got inside. Everyone was minding their own business, and I sat down in an empty seat.

In a few minutes, I arrived at the store and got off. When I entered, I saw the lifeless body of the manager, on the floor. He had multiple bullet wounds and was bleeding. The store itself was completely ruined, and the cash register missing. I took the body and placed it on a nearby cart, and wheeled it over to cold storage.

One of the deals the police made with the gangs is that anything related to medical services was off-limits to shooting or raids. That was the only one they followed.

When I entered, I saw the neverending towers of body drawers. I went deep into the storage area, before finding an empty drawer to put the manager in.

"Darcy? What are you doing here?" a voice asked me? I already knew it was Xena, and I turned around to see her.

"Hey, Xena! Please don't feed on any corpses when I'm here, which won't be a lot. I'm just depositing the manager here. The store was raided by the gangs, and I don't think I'm on payroll anymore." I informed.

"Well-" Xena started before the sound of a door opening was heard.

I had been followed.