twenty-two

"You excited to be coming home?" I ask Colby while Sam and I walk into his room. He's been in the hospital for a week now.

And he luckily gets to come back home today. He was still a little sore but he was feeling better.

I know he's ready to be back on his feet after laying in the hospital bed for the past week.

I've been in the hospital with him everyday since I've flown back. I slept so much whenever I got back from the hospital from the first day.

Luckily, my sleep schedule is back to normal. I told Jesse, Levi, and Maya what happened with Colby and why I haven't messaged much.

Levi and Maya told me to tell them if we need anything. I told Colby about it and he seemed very thankful.

I haven't heard much of Jesse. I've been way too busy helping Colby so I haven't really messaged him either.

We had a week until we fly out to Europe for the next couple of months. I was excited to actually see Europe.

But I was nervous to be leaving Colby. Last time I left for a few months, I came back to him being in the hospital.

Colby smiled over towards us. "I'm highly excited to get out of here." He laughed towards us.

He filled out his exit papers and changed into some clothes that we brought him.

He limped out of the bathroom, his ankle still a little sore. He looked a lot better than when I first came here.

His bruises along with his scratches were gone. He said that it still hurts to breathe sometimes.

"You ready?" Sam asked his best friend. Colby nodded so we told the nurses goodbye and leave the hospital.

We all walk to the car, the boys sitting in the front. I pull out my phone and sneakily text the group chat that doesn't have Colby in it.

I tell them we're on the way so they'll be ready. There's one thing we haven't told Colby.

All of our friends are over at Colby's right now so we were going to have a little surprise get together.

Even Maya and Levi are there. Even though I haven't been around the group today, I hope they're getting along.

I think it'll be nice for the group of friends to merge together and get along.

I know after tour, I still wanna hang out with the three. I mean, I've basically spent the last few months with them.

And I think it'll be nice to merge them. They said they were ready which made me smile.

We made small talk on the way to the house, and once we get there, we get out.

"I missed my bed so much." Colby groaned. I completely understand. I miss my bed when I'm spending months on my bunk.

Sam and I follow Colby inside so he could go in there first. He turned the light on as everyone cheered surprise in unison.

He took a step back and looked at everyone, a smile growing on his face. "What the fuck?" He asked as we all looked at him.

You can see he looked super shocked, surprised, and confused. They hung up a sign that said welcome home and he kept looking at it.

"Who planned this?" He asked looking around. I could feel myself turn red as everyone looked away.

"Cassie." He turned over towards me, his big ass smile plastered on his face.

He came over to me and engulfed me in a hug. It took me by surprise, but I hug back.

I wrap my arms around him and embrace him. He still smells the same from what I remember.

It feels like it's been so long since we hugged, and I'm so happy to be in his arms.

It didn't last long though, everyone came and made it a group hug. We hug for a couple minutes but we pulled away.

"I love you guys, but I'm in desperate need of a shower. I'll be back in like ten minutes." He promises.

He makes sure to tell everyone hey before going upstairs. We all moved into the living room so we could talk.

"We Doordashed some Chipotle so it should be here soon." Stas informs us while we sit down.

I sit in between Maya and Stas. "Sam, you guys have a really nice place." Levi complimented him.

"Thanks man, we've been living here for a couple years so we really like it." Sam and Levi started talking.

"How long have you been dancing?" Stas asked Maya, making conversation.

I looked at Maya to see she's smiling a little bit. "Since I was kid. I've been touring with Justin since his Purpose tour." She explained.

I could tell they were going to get along. They reminded me both of each other.

They're both super ambitious and kind hearted people.

"That's dope. I know when we went to the concert, everyone seemed to enjoy being out on stage."

And that's when they started talking. I just lean back and look at everyone talking.

This is what I've been waiting for, all of my friends sitting here and getting to know each other.

It's weird because I've known my friends from California for a year and a half, and they're my second family.

And I've known my friends from tour since last May so almost a year.

It's just nice seeing two groups of people that I care about enjoy themselves.

Colby eventually came back to see everyone still downstairs.

A smile formed on his lips, and I can tell he's happy everyone's here. I'm so grateful in this moment.

Colby's here and he's healing, plus all of my friends are here. I do wish Jesse is here so he could see everyone.

I think he just doesn't know where he stands with Colby. I mean, last time he saw Colby, he was drunk and yelling at me.

Yelling at me about him. Hopefully this proves to Colby that he's the one for me and that I want.

I mean, I stayed in the hospital with him, I drove there first when I landed that night, and I helped plan this get together.

He scanned the room, admiring everyone who was here. His eyes landed on me, his face softening up.

He moved his head, telling me to follow him. "I'll be right back." I tell the girls even though they're not listening to me.

I follow Colby over towards the back yard. I follow him outside to his back yard.

We went over and sat on his patio chairs. "So, why'd you bring me out here?" I ask curious.

He gets comfortable and looks at me. "I just wanted to thank you for the past week." He started out.

"I mean, I really don't deserve what all you've done for me." I shake my head towards him.

"The past few months have been hard for us, but it doesn't mean you don't deserve it." I tell him honestly.

He smiled down to himself and looked down at his lap. He wet his lips before speaking.

"You know, I've been thinking about something for a while." I furrow my eyebrows towards the brunette.

I had no idea what he was going to say next. "I was honestly hoping Jesse would be here so I could give him a chance."

Now it was my turn to be shocked. "Wait, really? You wanna give Jesse a chance?" Surprise was all in my voice.

He nodded his head towards me. "Yeah, he seems like a cool dude and I was a dick to him last time."

It's like right on cue, I had a text. I quickly look to see it was Jesse. He was asking if I could meet him for Coffee.

It kinda made me nervous for what he could want. "You okay?" Colby asked as I looked over at him.

I smiled, not wanting to him worry about it. "Don't worry about it. But I'll talk to Jesse about maybe you two meeting up."

Maybe this will be a good thing.