twenty-four

"I think you have everything." Colby told me after we went over my list of things I have packed.

I'm flying to Europe in a few hours and I'm nervous that I don't have everything. I start chewing on my fingernails again.

"Can we check it one more time?" I ask worriedly. Colby sighed and started laughing a little bit.

"Cassie, we went over this probably thirty times. I promise you have everything." He told me reassuringly.

I sigh and sit on my bed. I haven't even flown yet and I'm exhausted. I rest my head on his shoulder, not wanting to leave.

These two weeks have been a little crazy with the hospital visits, getting closer to Colby again, and rejecting Jesse.

"You're going to be safe, right?" He asked making me smile a little bit. I raise my head up to look at him.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He smiled a little as he looked at me. "Don't worry, Sam's gonna keep me in line." He promised.

I made Colby promise me that he was going to text me every morning and night so I know he's okay.

I think that's a big reason why I don't want to leave, I'm worried somethings going to happen to him.

He placed his hand on mine, making me look down at it. "I don't want you to worry about me when you're gone." He started.

"You're gonna be in Europe so I want you to have fun there." He tells me. Either way I'm gonna worry about him.

We sit there and talk for a little bit. But I eventually have to go to sleep. I have an early flight to Amsterdam.

My flight is at eight Los Angeles time, five pm Amsterdam. It's a ten hour flight so we'll get there at three in the morning Amsterdam time.

Even though it's gonna be late, I'm gonna feel wide awake since it'll be six pm Los Angeles.

We're all gonna take a melatonin so we can actually try to get to sleep.

Tyler and Colby were driving me to the airport so they woke me up around four thirty. I just laid in bed and groaned.

"Cassie, you have to get up." Tyler told me, shaking me a little. "Go away." I groan towards him.

I could hear him sigh a little bit as Colby chuckled. "I didn't want to do this but I guess I have to." Tyler spoke.

Before I could process it, he had jumped on me, causing me to groan. "Okay, fine! I'll get up!" He gets off of me.

I sit up to see he was smiling to himself proudly. "There she is." Colby laughed as I flipped him off.

"We're gonna put your bags in the car so you can get ready." I gave him a thumbs up as they walk out.

I sat there for a few minutes, not wanting to get up, but I knew I had to.

I do my bathroom routine and put my hair in a messy bun. I had on a pair of leggings and one of Colby's hoodies.

I grabbed my backpack for my carry on. I had my laptop, a book, and a coloring book in there.

When I walk into the living room, they come back in. I could tell they were tired.

All of my bags were taken down so they sigh and looked at me. Two of the most important people are right in front of me.

Tyler, the most loyal friend I have. Colby, the one who taught me how to love.

I really don't want to leave them again. But this is the last leg of the tour so I'll only be gone for a couple of months.

"You ready?" Tyler asked, looking a little bit sad. I just sigh and nod my head.

We all walk to the car, not really saying much. We were all exhausted and didn't really want to say goodbye to each other.

We piled into the car and headed to the airport. These past two weeks have been a little crazy.

And to think, it's not about slow down either. We make small conversations whenever we go to the airport.

When we get there, they get out with me. "Be careful. I'll see you soon." Tyler frowned.

We hug each other, feeling the sadness in my chest. When we pull apart, I look at Colby.

He started opening his arms so I could hug him. I instantly go into his chest, instantly feeling safe.

"Please don't do anything stupid." I tell him honestly. He started rubbing my back.

"I won't if you won't." I laugh a little bit as I agree. I really didn't want to leave his arms.

I feel so safe in his arms, like nothing could ever hurt me. Before pulling away, he kissed the top of my head.

He pulled away, sadness in his eyes. "I'll let you know when I land." I tell them.

I look at them one last time before I head inside. I didn't want to turn around and see them, so I kept walking forward.

After security and trying to find where we're going to board, I found everyone.

They all looked exhausted. We all talk to each other while we wait to board the plane.

Once on it, I realize I was sitting next to Levi, which I didn't mind.

"What were you going to watch?" I ask him curious. He looks shocked that I asked but then smiled.

"I was going to binge watch the first two seasons of Attack on Titan." I haven't heard it so I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What is it? Is it any good?" I question. He dropped his jaw towards me, clearly surprised.

He told me how it's his all time favorite anime about humanoid creatures that go around and eat people.

I wasn't the biggest on anime, but it did sound pretty interesting. "Mind if I watch it with you?" I ask hopeful.

"Of course, I've been dying to show someone." I connect my Beats into the duel headphone adapter as he started.

We started it while the plane took off. Here's the next ten hours of sitting on the plane.

The show was actually super good so far. When the first episode finished, I was intrigued.

I ended up spending the whole flight watching Attack on Titan with him.

Since we didn't want to talked about it out loud, we would text each other since our flight had wifi.

When they did the whole reveal with the Colossal and Armored Titans, I had to stop myself from screaming.

I had one had covering my mouth, which was hanging open, and the other clutching his arm.

With his free hand, he was recording my reaction. I just didn't see it coming.

We spent the whole flight watching Attack on Titan. I never thought I was going to enjoy it, but I got intrigued fast.

Every once in a while, Jesse and Maya would give us two weird looks. When Hannes died, I cried, hard.

It was quiet sobs so no one could look at me. Levi laughed at me causing me to hit him. The flight went super well.

I was happy whenever we landed. The four of us walked to baggage claim together. I made sure to text everyone that I landed.

I'm counting down the days until I come back home.