Year 5 Chapter 6

Author's Notes: This chapter will jump to early October, skipping Harry's second week of detention, Umbridge being made High Inquisitor, and the formation of the D.A. Also, anytime Heather is in her room in the Room of Requirement now he will be referred to by that name.

As always, the world of Harry Potter does not belong to me but J.K. Rowling

Chapter Six

 It was the night after the second meeting of Dumbledore's Army, and Harry lay awake that night glowing with pride over how it had gone. It seemed like everyone who showed up, with the possible exception of Zacharias Smith, was there to learn and possibly believed him. He'd have to buy Dobby a fantastic Christmas present this year as a thank you for telling him about the Room. It was so helpful the way it always had anything they needed during lessons. Anything I need, he thought, then suddenly sat up in bed, an idea springing to mind. If it can be a training room, or a room of chamber pots, would it be able to be a room for Heather?

 Not wasting any time, Harry threw off his blankets and grabbed Heather's bag from his trunk along with the Marauder's map and Invisibility Cloak. The castle was as quiet as ever as he made his way along the seventh-floor corridor to the unseen door. Facing what appeared to be a blank stretch of wall, he slowly started walking back and forth thinking I need a place to be Heather, I need a place to be a girl, a private place. On his last pass he turned and looked and with a feeling of deep relief he saw the large doorknob appear.

 Pulling it open Harry walked into the room and was felt his jaw drop open. It reminded him very strongly of the tent he had shared with the Weasley's last summer for the Quidditch World Cup. In front of him were several comfortable looking armchairs surrounding a bowl in the floor stacked with logs for a fire. The walls were covered in gold cloth with scarlet accents, giving the appearance that the room was on fire. There were two doors that led to a bathroom and a large walk-in closet. The closet was enormous, almost as large as the room he'd just left. Racks of clothes filled the walls, some of them looking brand new, others obviously from centuries ago. Lost for words Harry ran his hand over the garments, taking in the softness of them. There were dresses of a hundred different styles, girl's robes, skirts, pants, tops and jackets. It was a dream come true. Harry blushed when he reached the back and found a small selection of clothes he was sure were meant to be worn on dates.

 Deciding against trying on anything from the closet tonight, he grabbed his bag and set out what he'd brought to wear, tonight a tight jumper and girl's jeans combination. The closet seemed to double as a changing room, as in one corner had a large dresser and vanity, with another mirror standing next to them. In front of the mirror, Heather let his pajamas fall to the floor, revealing the sports bra and knickers he'd been wearing under them. When he'd pulled the bra off over his head, He took a moment to look at his reflection, focusing on his chest. It was hairless like the rest of his body, with little visible muscle. He cupped his chest where a girl would have breasts in his hands, trying to imagine what it would feel like. Then he slid a new bra up his arms, easily clipping it behind his back, and stuffed it with some socks.

The vanity had plenty of room for him to spread out his makeup and brushes. He decided to put on a basic layer for the evening, then decided to add some lip gloss that he loved the taste of. When he was done the mirror spoke in a prim voice, "Very pretty, sweetheart" which made him blush. He took extra time to twist his hair into a single braid, wishing again he could keep it this length all the time. Fully dressed he stood and left the closet, going back out to one of the comfy chairs and lighting a fire with his wand.

For hours he sat there, letting the world outside drift away. For these moments the only place that existed or mattered was this place. Voldemort could do whatever he wanted but here, Heather was safe. The room had given him exactly what he had asked for, a safe place, a haven. The hours slipped by almost without him realizing, so deep did the comfort the room gave him go.